1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Santa Lucia in Atascadero?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Mar 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I just landed in central California and Santa Lucia is the closest club to me. Are there any members here that could show me around tomorrow? I would like to check it out. Please PM me since I don't have internet yet. Thanks!

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I am sorry you are not getting any replies. I know a few members along with the president of the club, but they are not here on TS.com.

Bryan

3. DON JR

DON JR TS Member

bryan is right not many if any are on this site, but they have alot of good people,and you will feel welcomed there.

if you shoot trap check out santa maria gun club at santamariagunclub.org
    most shoots in this area are held at this club.

4. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

AValdes: Tomorrow looks pretty wet, but I would like to invite you to come on down to the San Luis Obispo Sportsmans Association for a visit. We are very small with 2 trap fields, one with a skeet overlay, but we have a good time.
    Check out our website and feel free to contact me with any questions.
    Eric

5. Avaldes

Thanks for the replies fellas. I do like Santa Maria and I plan to join. I would also like to join Atascadero because it is so close to my house in Paso Robles.

6. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I think you should, it is a great club with some good people. Also don't forget the clubs around you. There is Kingsburg and Tulare that are not too far to come and shoot a few ATA events.

Bryan

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Santa Maria is famous for their Tri-Tip dinners. The North Hollywood Club travels up there all of the time, especially for the gold coin shoots. Fred

8. Avaldes

I am close to the 46 and am really looking forward to hitting those other clubs too! And SLO is also on my list. One of the major pluses to moving up here was the availability of shooting clubs.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Avaldes, I'm a former member of that great little club and shooting there for years. As stated above, it's a great place to have fun and shoot too but stay out of the political bickering that goes on there and don't voice your opinions or take sides! If you stay outa the frays, you'll have a ball!!

Hap

10. gary1941

gary1941 TS Member

Avaldes,

In response to your inquiry about the Santa Lucia Sportsmen's Association, Atascadero, CA., our website is santaluciasportsmen.org which will give you information about our club.

We will be open every Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. for Trap & Skeet. Also, on April 1st, we are having a Ham Shoot starting at 9 a.m. which is open to the public.

I am on the Board of Directors of the club and would be happy to show you around the facility at your convenience. Please feel free to contact me at (805)441-8725 (cell) to make arrangements for a tour.

Gary Hazard

11. gary1941

gary1941 TS Member

Hap,

Thank you for your post concerning Santa Lucia Sportsmen's Association. With that being said, I do take exception to your comments about the political environment and not speaking up or sharing personal opinions. As you are aware, most clubs are run by volunteers who give of their time to make sure that everyone has a place to shoot and have fun. Based on your feelings, if no one volunteered or voiced an opinion, how could any gun club survive? Secondly, most work details and work projects are done by a handful of people. We are a club of approximately 1,000 members and of that number, the same handful of people are doing the work and appearing at the monthly General Membership meetings.

Hap, we would all love to just show up at a gun club and shoot and enjoy ourselves, but as you are well aware, someone has to accept the responsibility of keeping that gun club open.

Therefore I would encourage all members to get involved for the benefit of their gun club.

Your friend,

Gary Hazard

12. DON JR

DON JR TS Member

and if you play poker,you will find a game at every shoot at atascadero and santa maria all day long.

this would be your chance to take all of gary hazards money,which is always fun.

gary we shot games at santa maria on sunday,we missed your money.

see ya at your may shoot.

13. Avaldes

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to frequenting all of these clubs!

-Aaron Valdes

14. Hap MecTweaks

Gary, I wasn't aware you were on the board at Santa Lucia but must say that's a terrific club improvement. I too spent many a day cleaning, painting, repairing and helped make the club one of the better clubs to shoot, a fun place for everyone. Hopefully the political bickering I referred to may have subsided now, I sure hope it has. Staying out of the political bickering has nothing at all to do with helping out or speaking up when somethings being approached from the wrong angle, that's certainly not what I intended to say or mean. If the atmosphere has changed on the political front, I will apologize to you and all my friends there.

You allow those lightweight card sharks to take your money, that doesn't sound like you? :)

Hap

15. DON JR

DON JR TS Member

Hap,you got card sharks right,but lightweights,have you seen the size of these guys.

16. Hap MecTweaks

LMAO@Don Jr.!!! I totally forgot aspect of AAA shooters n poker players Don!!

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

atascadero gun club