1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sandbagging??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bluedotman, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Hello could someone tell me what kind of material would be the best to make sand bags out of? Thank's

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The old style shot bags made of material rather than the new shot bags. You can use the newer bags but you need a plastic liner inside such as small bathroom trash bags as sand can seep out thru the mesh.

Matt

3. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Thanks Matt i tryed the new bags but the plastic liner don't last very long. Thanks.

4. grl

grl Member

old jeans legs. sew 'em up or use hot melt glue gun. also consider something other than sand. beans for instance.....

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yoda--Good idea on the spent primers. Never thought of that.

Matt

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

These aren't free, but they aren't exactly expensive either. They are strong, nice and clean(with no lead residue). We bought a bag of dry playground sand (kept indooors) at Menards. We filled them, then sewed and Gorilla glued the ends shut. They have been really helpful. Good luck.

7. dverna

dverna Active Member

Spent primers do not sound like a good filler (nasty "dust") - but better than active ones.

Best filler I found was plastic resin pellets. Light and clean. One of the benefits of working in the injection molding business.

Airsoft BB's should work too but will cost you some money.

Don Verna

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I just used sawdust,, but then I'm a carpenter, worked fine for me. Ross Puls

9. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Used Walnut Hull Polishing Media, light weight and dust free, and the price it right.... placed in old cloth shot bags....Grubby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.