1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sandbagger's???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Uhh, MONEY??????

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

human nature, greed, selfish, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

bill

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Same thing that makes people start troll threads...lowbrow human depravity, thar's an "ideal" for yuh.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

"To stop floods"....Alfred E. Newman

5. samiam03

samiam03 Member

I'm Lost - what is a sandbagger?

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

blue didn't you try to start this crap on another thread?? I suggest help as you obviously are hung up on "sandbagging".

Don

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Is there a minimum number of targets you need to become a sandbagger? HMB

8. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Copper seems a little more articulate as the blue. BRGII

9. wdturner

wdturner Member

And of course the famous question, 7 1/2 or 8 Maybe sandbaggers use 9 ???? Tom

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I sandbag because I can.......but I prefer to call it target management.

tony

11. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Maybe some people feel it's the only way they can compete with the so-called professionals; i.e., the great equalizer. Seems to take place at yardages below 24 yard line. These people, are cheaters, anyway you want to call it. They will also shoot at small shoots and drop targets in order to keep the yardage away. They figure some smuck will come in with a handicap score of 92 and take the yardage. I don't think it's anywhere close to a majority (a simple minority) but most clubs will see them perform, or should I say, not perform. Go ahead and disagree if you think I'm wrong. BT-100dc

12. grntitan

Your right. 100% right. They can't win just shooting. They have to try and be a big shot in the beginners classes. The people that are just starting out are the ones that loose. No wonder people get discouraged with a%&holes cheating. I see it at just about every shoot i go to. Boy i would be proud of myself if that was the only way i could win or make myself feel good. What a bunch of loosers.----Matt

13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Could it also be that old Pharts simply run out of steam on the last trap?

Happens to me if I shoot a 300 bird program.

14. grntitan

Some shooters truely cannot climb the average or yardage ladder no matter what they do or try. There are shooters that just don't have what it takes to be anything but a "D" class shooter. That being said there are others who shoot there because that is the only class they can win at. If you can't get your average any higher than "D" then you belong there.-----Matt

15. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

There are just as many shooters that don't want to be classified AA instead of A, or class B instead of C, at a big shoot. Its NOT just beginners!

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Ahab is so right on this...some good shooters just simply crash and burn on one or two traps out of 4 due to a variety of reasons; reasons that may not include the intentional dropping of targets.

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Maybe it's the same thought process that makes most 27 yd shooters who can't hold a 80 avg turn down reductions....

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Get rid of the 25 and 50 options and the Lewis Class and the sandbaggers will disappear. HMB

19. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

grntitan

"That being said there are others who shoot there because that is the only class they can win at. If you can't get your average any higher than "D" then you belong there."

So tell me Matt if this is the way the true D shooters are received by their fellow shooter. What is the incentive for them to even shoot in ATA shoots. You have just lumped them in with all dregs of the ATA shooting world.

Most of the lower class shooters D, C, and in some cases B shooters are the shooters that support the local clubs that hold smaller ATA shoots. Lets face it the AA and A shooters that can shoot a very good score at any time aren't going to small shoots over driving a few mile farther where even the lewis money is better.

So they aren't the ones that are at your clubs shoots, shoot in and shoot out.
    Yet yourself and others like you think nothing of throwing them in with the so called "Sandbagger". You and others like you think nothing of insulting your own customer base because you perceive "Sandbaggers" to be the problem.

You guys should really worry more about your own shooting and not the dreaded "Sandbaggers"

Another interesting sentiment is "Maybe some people feel it's the only way they can compete with the so-called professionals; i.e., the great equalizer. Seems to take place at yardages below 24 yard line. These people, are cheaters, anyway you want to call it."

What I find interesting is that this person says that some feel that "Sandbagging" is the only way to compete and it is the great equalizer. Then of course a statement that it only happens at yardages below 24yds.

Great place to start all the new shooters in (according to most that talk bad about lower class shooters) with the dregs of the association. It isn't bad enough that we are having problems with shooter retention. You so called honest shooters write this crap on and open forum and insult the one that have joined this year.

So what makes you feel that there is incentive to rejoin the next year after listening to this balderdash at shoots and on line. BTW the only reason I used that word was the proper posting rules won't allow me to use the words I want to use.

At the recent state shoot here in Mass. In the All around event the runner up in Class D was a man I have know for maybe 10 years maybe longer. This man doesn't know the meaning of the word "Sandbagger". When you guy lump people like him in with the cheaters and scum of this sport really pisses me off. BTW way the gentleman I am speaking of is one of the greatest people I have ever met and guess what he would never call anyone a "Sandbagger" unless it was in fun.

I have to end this now because if I don't I am going to say something that I will be sorry for later.

Bob Lawless

20. grntitan

Bob---You got me all wrong. I wasn't saying anything bad about the "D" class shooters. I myself spent a long time in that class working out my shooting issues. I was saying that some shooters have a hard time getting out of that class and thats fine if they truely are there because they belong there. I'm saying there are some who sandbag in order to stay there and then pop out 99's and 98's when needed to take home trophies and cash. Don't be so quick to jump on people until your sure you understand what your saying. I welcome and help all shooters so that this sport can survive and grow. Does this make it more clear. I don't want to push anybody the wrong way.----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.