1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sand baggers "obsolete"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slipping into darkness, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Well all you ever heard was how all these events would be dominated by sand baggers, didn't happen unless you consider all the 27 yd shooters as campers on there earn yardage! we need to eliminate all short yardage and everyone shoots from the 27, it's got to be easier they sure dominate this shoot and most of the time every shoot there at unless high winds show up. slow day, thought I get some response with this post? "slid"

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Sand baggers

Maybe you just need classifications from 27.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sand baggers

" slow day, thought I get some response with this post? "slid" "

Thats called "TROLLING". Nice try....Matt

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Sand baggers

And I repeat for the Nth time that we already have a game where competitors are divided into classes and it's called "Singles." Handicap needs to remain each shooter competing against the entire field of competitors.....breakemall......Bob Dodd

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Sand baggers

I agree Bob.

Handicap events are the only ones I have a realistic chance in at the big shoots.

It still amazes me after five years of competing how many 100's/200's there are in Classes B, C and especially D!

Guy Babin

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Sand baggers

We have a perfect system and he wants to change it

Slid. Practice more

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Sand baggers

Seems to me tyhe guy from Kentucky that won the GAHC was a 22.5 yarder?

8. kansasshooter

kansasshooter Member

Sand baggers

The handicapp system is fine the way it is. Most of the time, the long yardage shooters, or the "big dogs" win. But they should win, because they practice more, they have more focus, and they are BETTER shooters. However, looking down the list of handicapp champions of various state shoots, such as Kansas, Colorado, Missouri, and Nebraska, there are quite a few Main Handicapp champions that were short yardage shooters. This years GAH champion was a short yardage shooter. Do the short yardage shooters have as good of chance as the long yardage shooters? No, because they aren't as good. But they do have a chance. And it seems like a pretty good chance, at that.
    Travis Crist

9. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Sand baggers

My only problem with the current HC System is if I shoot out of my ass and get a 2-2.5 yard punch, I have to stay there for 2 years. Can develope a good case of CHS and no longer be competative.

Chad

10. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Sand baggers

If you want to make sandbagging obsolete all you have to do is stop over-handicapping the majority of shooters. If you keep the majority of shooters competitive you add many more shooters the sandbagger has to beat. JRM

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Sand baggers

which is why reductions might need to be mandatory....

12. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Sand baggers

I've been shootig H-C pretty well this year lots of 93, 94 and 95's. Lots of guys i know are calling me a sandbagger. If they want to see me move back all they have to do is lose when they shoot h-c and let me win. With enough punches they will have me back there losing just like they are. Seems like the ones that cry the most about sandbaggers are those who are on the 26-27 and can't shoot in the 90's with any consistancy.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.