1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Remo 1 of a kind--VALUE DOCUMENTATION

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by southjblue, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This gun was designed by Krieghoff for a personal friend of Dieter Krieghoff that was produced and made and signed by the orig engraver.It comes as a combo with a 34" unsgl with factory chokes and a 32" OU fixed chokes.I am going to reduce my trapshooting activety and you will also note I am going to offer another nice K-gun F/S.If one sells then the other will stay with me.I will include a personal interview with the orig owner to provide authenticity---This San Remo has all K-80 parts including the san-cut on the botttom of the receiver---Also is factory release-release---The wood is EX and the gun is almost as NEW----Asking price is
    $18,000.00 or best reasonable offer plus shipping to FFL---PMs only and thanks for looking---Note under cut on the receiver---You won't find that on old San-Remos---This is one of a kind---
    George@SJB
    southjblue_2008_0303425.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303426.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303427.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303428.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303429.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303439.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303453.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303454.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303455.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303456.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303457.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303458.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303459.jpg

southjblue_2008_0303460.jpg

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

San-Remo---Find me one like this one and I'll make an offer---George@SJB

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

To Sanremo---Note the undercut on this one and find me one like it---The new ones sell for $30,000.00 and over---When you make a statement be ready to back it up----George@SJB---

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

What sanremo said. IT IS STILL A 32.

Gene, what's it worth?

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I would say it is worth whtever it sells for. Why do others feel so compelled to dictate what someone else prices a gun for. If it is not worth it,it won't sell. It is that simple.

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So Coach next time you're selling a gun remember to ask Gene what it is worth! It's Christmas not April fools day. Bill

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Coach---It's a 32 that was redone by Krieghoff @ the Krieghoff factory by Krieghoff for a personal friend of Dieter---This receiver was gone over by Krieghoff and hardened by Krieghoff---All parts are K-80 and all proof can be obtained from the orig owner if necessary---Anyone can contact me on my PM and I will give any proof needed to back up my statements---This is a 1 of a kind and it meets all my statements---Try to match this San-Remo with any on the mkt and you'll have to reach into the $30,000.00 range----George@SJB

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

0   0   0

Nice looking gun. Someone will buy it. I don't know what it worth but I'm sure someone will make a offer and back it up with cash.

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I am getting action on both guns---When and if one sells the other stayes with me---I'm not giving up trap but at my stage in life I am trap gun heavy---George

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

0   0   0

It is worth what someone will pay for it. It is a beautiful gun and, I'm certain cannot be duplicated for that kind of money. Now all you need to find is the right person who perceives the value, can afford it, and wants to have it. Good luck to you and the ultimate new owner.

11. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Thanks birdog---I hate to let it go---With this economy it will probably stay with me but it is a real nice piece and will make someone proud someday---I can wait---No hurry---George@SJB

12. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

Buyer has the right to ask any price he/she wants. The value is in the eyes of the buyer.

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you got that kind of money and just want to have it just to have I guess its ok. But I can't see anything of any gun worth that kind of money only to say I own it. Lookie. Bill

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bill---There are some that can and some that can't---They call it pride of ownership---Thanks for your input---George

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have read several who have said it is overpriced but i have yet to see anyone provide this exact gun for sale for less somewhere else. Usually when i tell someone their item is overpriced, i am able and willing to back that statement with proof and not just my perceived value. Priced too high you say, prove it!!!

Just Say'n.........

Good Luck George and Free Bump.

Matt

16. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Shooting Coach likes to jump on posts and give his self proclaimed expertise and opinion a personal view, and appraisal. With out considering that he is tainting someones listing with uninvited opinions that are not qualified by anything but his own limited knowledge.

17. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't have a dog in this fight but let me take a try at it from things I've seen sell here on trapshooter's

$4,000 -- as new K32 action and iron engraved in the San Remo pattern

$1,800 -- 30" O/U bbls with fixed chokes

$2,000 -- 34" Unsingle barrel with factory choke tubes

$1,000 -- pretty nice but not spectacular wood

Total @ $9,000 but round it off to an even $10,000 if you think the original numbers were low.

$18,000 asking price minus $10,000 leaves $8,000 to install new K-80 internal parts + a set of release triggers. Considering you can buy a new standard grade K-80 receiver for less than $6,000 the $8K got just the internals seems like a bunch.

Now depending on who the famous friend is that could have some vlaue if there was a a solid provenance provided and the famous was someone interesting then who knows/

I do know the newer K-80 San Remos go for more than $18K but the engraving on them is much, much better than on the K32 San Remo's.

I personally have a tomahawk that was once owned by Sitting Bull for sale - it's had the handle replaced twice and it's had 3 different heads --- at $50 it's a real bargain.

18. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Bill,

If you can give me the provenance on the two replaced handles on that Tomahawk and tell me what S. Bull's average blood pressure was during the years that he owned said T-hawk, I'll make you a real good offer. Are you sure it was S. Bull, or could the owner have been Bull S.?

All too funny!!

Regards and Season's Greetings to All,

Mike (Accordian Fiddleback) Mann

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

DB Bill---Thanks for your thread and I will try to address your statement,part of which is mean spirited for one that has no dog in the fight---I find that some on TSs has an ego that likes to take shots at some and just likes to hear themselves talk.

I would like to have some pics of the San Remos you mention and description along with age and condition for $10,000.00 That compare with this one.

I don't think you can find a near new 34" unsgl bbl with factory chokes for $1,000.00---If so send me the pic with description---I could use another one.

I have entered new pics of my San Remo receiver---Please try to match it with you remarks---

This receiver was new and sent to Krieghoff in Germany and engraved by a factory engraver and signed by him and factory hardended.

The receiver is all K-80 parts with factory release-release---

Note the San-cut and include that with the pic you will send me to compare.

Now to be fair please include A pic of the new San Remo that you say has better engraving along with price so we can make a fair comparision.

This receiver has less than 2,000 rds through it which makes it almost like new.

Another thing---There are folks on TSs that get paranoid if you list F/S without a price(offer only) so I listed it with a price with the option of best reasonable offer---

It would seem to me that one that has no dog in the fight would make an offer or just read and move on---I'm not pushing this gun.I just put it out there to see if someone had interest.

With respect---George@SJB

20. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Let me try to answer your questions in order.

If it weren't for your challenge to "duplicate" a K32 San Remo like you're offering I would have read it and moved on -- but you caught me in a whimisical mood.

A used San Remo in the "exact" conditon for $10K -- no can't do it and don't have any interest in doing so --- your comment was build one like it for less than you're asking.

I'll stand by my numbers that it's possible to build a K32 San Remo 2-bbl set with decent wood for $10K --- note the change I made in the price of the unsingle bbl -- didn't really change the price just put some space in between the items to make it easier to read. I didn't add anything for a K-80 trigger - don't know what they cost but a lot less than the difference between $9K and what your'e asking.

As to hardening of the receiver the question is "why"?. Good old standard K32's have been working great for 50+ year's and I've never seen a K32 finish start to peel --- Krieghoff got away from it to take advantage of the market on quality engraving --- just like Perazzi did as by the time an engraved gun makes it to a private owner the cost of the engraving has increased at least 4X over what the original engreaver was paid.

You also ask for a Krieghoff San Remo with nicer engraving than yours -- hopefully I can post some photos I lifted from Bob Paxton's site.

dbbill_2008_0303.jpg

dbbill_2008_03034.jpg

Your quick on the trigger responses to several other's was s0mething I couldn't resist --- sorry about that.

P.S, To those who inquired about Sitting Bull's tomahawk, it's been traded and I got a really great deal on an original tape of JFK and MM doing it --- the best part is they're disguised as Pamela Anderson & Kim Kardasian's ex-husband.
    Can you believe it? I was offered the original copy of the final PDF-file Hitler transmitted from his Bunker but I think it was a fake -- it was in English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff 32 san remo receiver

porcours shotguns