1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Update 8/28

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lbshootin, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

If you open for shooting, consider me as one of the first to join!..LarryB

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

So my interpretation of the update from Robert is, THERE'S A WHOLE LOTTA NOTHING GOING ON...

3. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Be positive!! It will reopen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bob M.....

4. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Gent's:
    You may be surprised how many Senior Staff Officers at HQMC are shooters of one type or another.
    If not Trap shooters, Skeet, Sporting Clay, They are not unsympathetic too our plight.
    Have a little faith in the System.

5. Bucko43

Buster, "Have a little faith in the system"?

The faith in the system comes when you send that renewal check in for your yearly dues fully knowing that you won't be pulling a trigger any time soon on the range.

I've renewed every year, and I've sent letters when asked to do so. But it's been 2 years this month since the range was shut down. The faith in the system is fading fast.

You need to read what was stated by Robert, and read it literally. There's a whole lotta nothin' going on. With all those reviews going on, you gotta know this is one of the top priorities for the Marines...

Bob M.

"Be positive!! It will re-open!"? Are your positive thoughts going to be felt across the nation to the Secretary of the Navy?

I've always been a pessimist. For those that are optimists like you, when things don't work out the way you were expecting, then you are terribly dissappointed. For a pessimist, it worked out just the way it was expected.
    However if the range does re-open as the optimist was expecting, then the pessimist is pleasantly surprised. I like being pleasantly suprised instead of terribly dissappointed.

Kevin

6. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

Damn Bucko, It is a good thing that Robert and the rest of the board of the SDSSA do not have your negative attitude. No one held a gun to your head and told you to renew your membership. Keep your $50.00 and then you will not have a dog in the fight.

Clyde

7. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I'll preface this with saying that I have not been to SDSSA. That said, in reading this I noticed one comment was the impact on flight operations. Does USMC have flight ops that are so close that there would be an impact? I'm really hoping they are up and running much sooner, but that kind of comments smells fishy to me.

Hal Hitchcock

8. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

The Marine Corps is growing mushrooms on this deal. What you just read above is the "feed them" part. There was not one item of useful information in the release. It also qualifies for the "keep them in the dark" part. There is absolutly no incentive for them to want it open. Don't hold your breath. I hope I'm wrong. gyrine

9. Bucko43

Ok Clyde,

What did you get for your $50 last year? Did you even pay your yearly dues or drop our like many other people did? How about the year before that?

I put my money in the pot because I was supporting the effort to get the range re-opened. My only negative attitude in this thread is toward the response from the Marines. I don't know how you read what the update said, but the way I see it there's NOTHING going on.

So you tell me how you read it and then tell me I'm wrong.

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.