1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Trap clubs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Claymuncher, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

If a shooter wanted to shoot a lot of birds in the San Diego, CA area where would I go. I am looking for a reason to visit my daughter and take my gun. I see a few listed but I am looking for more personal info.

CM

2. JES

JES Member

Are you looking for Registered targets or just shooting

3. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Both, it does not matter, not thinking of games that much......

CM

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Are they going to reopen Miramar?

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

Miramar is history

6. BD457

BD457 Member

P2Krange.com

if you go, use the top range. The lower range is missing station 1 and 2 but it has station 6 and 7 if you know what I mean..... there are no lefts, just straights, rights, hard rights, and "HOLLY CRAP" rights. It's a very nice place to shoot, I shoot there twice a week at least and the staff is very nice. No registered targets as of yet, but I'm working on that.

Mike

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Miramar was part of the house appropriations bill and I believe the senate passed the bill.

8. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I highly suggest the Escondido Fish & Game Club, of which I am a member. Tuesday mornings and Saturday afternoons are open to the trapshooting public. The group on Tuesdays is a wonderful bunch. If you decide to go there, message me and I'll tell you who to look for.

9. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Thanks a bunch for the info, it helps to know going in blind.

CM

10. Mikr101

Mikr101 Member

Escondido Fish and Game also has Trap and Five stand on Wedensday evenings from 4:30pm to 9:00pm, great bunch of people too.

11. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

San Diego Shotgun Sports is officially closed and the Marines have taken over the range. The club sold everything off in the way of equipment and there isn't anything left, including no front fence. The Marines are currently using the trap fields and skeet fields for landing exercises with their helicopters and Osprey's.

There are NO registered ATA targets being thrown in San Diego. The nearest place to shoot them is the Imperial Valley rifle and pistol club in the desert. The next closest place is Redlands, which, depending on where you are coming from in San Diego can be 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive away. Then it is a toss up which is next closest, but the bottom line is Project 2000 (P2K) is the only public range to shoot trap or 5 stand. The other clubs are private clubs and you need an invite to shoot there during the week or go to their fun shoots.

Kevin

12. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Kevin : I tried a little searching but could not find anything about private clubs. Have any idea how to get in touch with them?

CM

13. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Escondido Fish & Game is open to the trapshooting public on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Non-members pay a little extra per round than members, of which I am one.

14. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

When you say, "Miramar was part of the house appropriations bill and I believe the senate passed the bill", do you mean that the .gov is paying for the club's relocation?

That would be interesting.

J.F. Wolfington
    Phila., PA

15. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

No on Miramar (San Diego Shotgun Sports), the club was officially killed by the EPA and the Dwpartment of the Navy last year. It is not relocating or reopening. All of the assets were liquidated. P2K is not a bad place to shoot, and there is indoor rifle and pistol ranges as well...LarryB

16. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Imperial Valley is a small time operation, two traps, one mostly skeet. We shoot practice Sun. mornings. No ATA action to speak of, it's an out of the cigar box operation. Usually about 10 shooters there on Sunday. Man, do I miss Miramar. gyrine

17. shootsun

shootsun TS Member

Escondido Fish and Game is the place to go IMHO! Great people great targets!

Shane

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to the 500+ members of Miramar? A lot of shooting happened there. I shot there from 1982-2000 before I moved. What a shame, it was a great club.

19. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

The Miramar members were absorbed into the three or four private clubs, and shoot registered targets at Redlands, Oaktree, Hollywood, Prado or the real long drive to Las Vegas or Arizona. I am a member at Project2000 and a private club LEMON GROVE ROD and Gun, I retired from ATA when Miramay closed. I just shoot for fun now....LarryB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
escondido trap club
escondido trap shoot

san diego skeet and trap

san diego trap shooting
trap and skeet san diego
trap shooting club san diego
trap shooting san diego
trapshooting clubs san diego