1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Skeeix, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

I think that this a great gesture by Terry. It seems that his intention is to benefit the SDSSA shooters, most of whom do not travel to Oak Tree anyway.

Clyde

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Redlands is over an hour and a half drive from Oaktree but Triple B is maybe 45 minutes. As such, Triple B would definitely have a conflict. What is good for the CGSTA is that some of the Tri-Counties guys would shoot some of the registered events while some San Diego shooters might get in an extra fun event in addition to their registered targets making their drive more worthwhile.

3. Liz1234

Liz1234 TS Member

Hey Terry! Me and the Ladies (San Diego Estrogen Brigade) will be there if you throw them!

ATTN: If anyone in the Greater Southern California area (really, anywhere in the USA, we don't discriminate!)is interested in driving some fabulous lady shooters around to registered shoots let me know ASAP! Oak Tree is kind of far for us to go regularly, but we KNOW it would be so much fun to have a chauffeur/trapshooter take us there.

We like to stop at Starbucks and outlet malls and would prefer our driver be AAA/27.

Thanks!
    Liz
    Directrix, San Diego Estrogen Trapshooting Brigade

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

On behalf of North Hollywood, we don't want the dates. As a volunteer club, one weekend day a month is fine with us and we are only 20 minutes from Oaktree. Triple B is too close to Oaktree as well. As such, Redlands is the best logical solution and, hopefully, Miramar will be back in the mix in a few months.

5. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

You might check and see what kind of attendence Oak Tree gets on their Saturday shoots --- not many I'd bet ---- and Terry's only talking about ATA targets on Saturday as there is a Club shoot on that Sunday.

Siunds like a great idea Terry.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Good idea and it should make the CGSTA meetings even more interesting. Fred

7. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Great idea Terry...BTW, in my opinion this would not have any significant affect on Oak Tree attendance. At most 2-3 shooters may opt to drive to Redlands on the Sat dates. Oak Tree loses 2-3 shooters, and a whole bunch of San Diego shooters get the pleasure of shooting another day at Redlands...sounds like a good deal to me.

In regards to "clubs that are hurting"... all these club owners need to do is check out how shoots are put on at clubs like Redlands and North Hollywood, then do the same...they will see dramatic increases in their attendance. Walt Hastings

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Mr. Bilbey......being from Northwest Penna. I don't really know much about the scheduling for shoots in your area....but....I wanna shoot like you!!!......Uncle Sam, Pa.

9. Liz1234

Liz1234 TS Member

On a serious note:

Terry, thanks for taking care of us homeless SD shooters.

My opinion is that shooters from the San Diego area will not shoot another day at Redlands INSTEAD of Oak Tree but rather that they will just shoot another day at Redlands. Lucky us!

I've never shot at Oak Tree, its just too far away and inconvenient for me. The traffic is miserable. Barring a special event, I'm not going to go to Oak Tree to shoot. I doubt there would be any lost attendance because most of us aren't going to go to Oak Tree anyway. No offense to the club, its just a major pain to get there from where I live, which is the city of San Diego.

I hope you proceed with your idea, I think it is a good one. The more opportunity we have to shoot the better and I know that is what you are trying to accomplish.

10. JES

JES Member

Ditto to Liz1234. I personally know of NO San Diego Shooters going to Oak Tree because of the location being to hard to get to. I am so glad a club is willing to try and accommodate us coming from San Diego. Not to discredit any other club but the efficiency and well run shoots at Redlands that goes out of it's way to take care of the shooters like no other club I have ever attended. Redlands is the closest for most of the San Diego shooters, what is with the road blocks Western Shooter? I would love to see this happen. Jan Slough

11. JES

JES Member

You just nailed it on head, "THAT'S BUSINESS" run a club as sharp as Redlands, take care of your shooters, maintain the machines and voice microphones and keep it moving for early as possible finish for those with a drive and the club attendance will go up. Prado had other issues - Pretty simple one, take care of you shooters and they will return.

12. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Terry,

I've shot at every monthly ATA event at Redlands since November of last year (and except last weekend, I had hernia surgery) and we really do appreciate your hospitality towards the SDSSA shooters.

I do have one question which would probably cause a bit more discussion. Was it your intent to have those proposed Saturday targets be registered ATA targets? Or was this intended to just be practice shoots?

If it was intended to be ATA, then that may change what happens in the way of attendance when you have your regular ATA shoots on the third weekend of the month. I know that I am having trouble affording the additional mileage to make the trip once a month the way it is now. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to afford two trips a month to Redlands from East County of San Diego.

Another thought to consider is SDSSA held their ATA on the first weekend of the month and they also held their Dodge City Shootout on the second Saturday of the month. We were drawing just as large a crowd for Dodge City as we were for ATA. The only difference was who actually showed up to shoot. I would estimate that over half the people in attendance at the Dodge City shoots were not ATA shooters. So you might draw a larger crowd if you were to have a Dodge City type shoot on the first Saturday of the month.

Give it a thought.

Best Regards and thanks again,

Kevin King

13. THE POSTMAN

THE POSTMAN TS Member

Terry:

Using a partial quote from the movie "A Field Of Dreams",throw them and they
    will come!

Wilbur Poston

14. BILLYBOB007

BILLYBOB007 TS Member

The Best Club...the Best Targets! Sounds like a shoot weekend to me!!

Throw'm

Bill

15. 1miss

1miss TS Member

Wow I do not know how I missed this thread,I have only been shooting about nine months have not had the pleasure to shoot at Miramar because it has been closed but I have been to Oak Tree,North Hollywood,Tripple B and Redlands and I don't know who this Western shooter is but it is for sure that he is not a shooter sounds like to me he is a trouble maker. What I cannot figure out is why does nobody tell what the problem is. Oak Tree and Tripple B are pits and could care less if you are a ATA shooter ( NOTHING WORKS ) and this is why they have such a bad turn out. The other two clubs want you there and that is all we need to know so I say forget them and lets shoot Redlands and North Hollywood. Throw them Terry we will be there.

16. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I would appreciate Terry throwing ATA targets on our (Miramar's) registered shoot weekends. That would give us even more opportunity to shoot targets at a great club.

-Aaron Valdes

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I will be surprised if SDSS or Miramar Gun Club ever throws another target. You guys had best build a new club.

18. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Ok... I have watched this thread for a few days now and I feel that something needs to be said....first off no one is discounting the fact that Redlands is a good place to shoot..just look at the scores that come out of there...also no one is saying that Terry is not for the shooters...what is being said is the concern about two clubs in the same zone that are fairly close to each other ( oh yes I know that they are 1 1/2 hours away from each other but in other zones we are discouraged from shooting on the same dates as a club that is as close as that). San Deigo and Oak Tree were given those dates ( first weekend of the month if I am not mistaken) because of their DISTANCE from each other.

I think the concern that is being raised is about the shooters in those areas of the Southern Zone (meaning the northern part of the South ) that would have gone to an Oak Tree Shoot now going to a Redlands shoot....and Oak Tree suffering because of that...

Nothing about not wanting Terry or Redlands to have the dates and helping out a Club that is closed for the time being...but about keeping the clubs that are open ..open...

Whatever the outcome I am sure that it will be the BEST for ALL concerned. ....and I am sure that the first weekend of the month is not the only weekend that a shooter from San Deigo is allowed to drive to a shoot...They can shoot at Redlands on a Redlands Shoot weekend..correct.????..

And 1miss, WesterShooter is a shooter...

Kym Hughes
    CGSTA Central Zone Director

19. 1miss

1miss TS Member

Western shooter you think you have it figured sorry not yet by the way Denise Adams is my cousin and you are right about the IP but you have forgot about the other guy you guys put down. I work there to so you need to do a little more investigation and you might get it right when you do let me know we can meet and straighten things out. By the way all the good people are shooting at Tripple B's today what are you doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.