1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego Shooters & Fire

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Has anyone heard how our neighbors to the south are doing with the horrific fires going on? Just want to make sure that those that needed to evacuate are safe. Are any of the trap clubs down there in danger?

So far, the relatives and people I know in El Cajon & Santee seem to be ok.

Same for our friends out at North Hollywood -- Fred, don't hang around if you don't have to. Please be safe.

The ultimate irony today -- our fire season was officially over today in NorCal.

Be safe and our thoughts are with you.

Sherree

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

See the above thread. Fred's still posting.....Bob Dodd

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

CW - be safe. Glad to hear, so far, things are ok. I have family down in the San Diego area and we've been trying to not tie up the phone lines, but we're worried just the same.

Thanks Bob, for posting the Fred's thread. I hear it's iffy up by him as well.

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Sat up all night loading the SUV with paintings and shotguns. Watched a fire line about 20 miles long with flames up to 100 feet high make its way toward us. And, we are the lucky ones. Jake

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

CW & Jake -- you guys ok? Looks like the evac area has spread tremendously.

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

We are on Mt. Helix looking south toward Mexico. Looking right at Mt. Miguel. It was not a pretty sight last night. Jake

7. Vickie

Vickie Member

ctreay,

If you meant Hemet, CA., there are no fires, the last report I heard, around Hemet. The fires are North and South of Hemet.

Vickie

8. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I too am a member of the Lemon Grove Rod and Gun Club and the Project 2000 Gun Range in San Diego County. I work for T-Mobile as a field engineer, and we are busy trying to restore all of the down or ill cell sites in the fire area. My family and I weathered the fire well. We live one mile from the mandatory evacuation area, and did not have to leave the house, yet! Went by both clubs today on my cell site restoral project, both are OK so far, but both are in line of the northern front of the Harris Fire. PAcked the truck with clothes, paperwork, and ALL of my guns, really ticked off my wife, she wanted to pack the china, but we didn't have room!
    To all those affected..Good Luck and our prayers are with you!

LarryB

9. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

The Lemon Grove gun Club has suspended all shooting until further notice. This includes the Friday Nite pot shoot and the Sunday Sporting clays fun shoot.

Clyde

10. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I'm glad you guys are safe. Looks like the weather was a big help today - still pretty bad though.

All of you, please stay safe. We're keeping all of you in our thoughts...

Oh, they reinstated fire season up here, so they could get more help for you down there. What irony.

Sherree

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Sherree, (Not to Hijack an important thread) I have not heard from you regarding help with the trophies for your shoot please e-mailme( jsut remove the xx's) and I will give you my Phone #. Kym....

Also I talked to a few of our fellow shooters in the San Deigo area yesterday and things were a little hairy...hope all is well...

12. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Many, not all, of us in Poway dodged another bullet.
    The info in posts above is still current. Looks like the gun clubs in the county are undamaged, although some are closed for the time being.

Some will be heading out to SDSS on Saturday to catch up on much-missed shooting....we may have the place to ourselves.

LarryF

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

North Hollywood is up and running! If you come out you may have to dodge the fire trucks parked along side the road. They were there yesterday as a precaution. Today is just beautiful - no wind and blue sky - but the smell of smoke in the air. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.