1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Diego range closed by Marines

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

I read here that the Marines in San Diego closed a range due to the lead content in the ground. I wonder if most ranges throughout the country are required to reclaim a percentage of that lead. I know my range here in NJ has to reclaim a certain percentage of the shot (not sure how much). Any comments?

2. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

The "Marines" are the only organization shutting down ranges in southern California. They have shut down three ranges so far where the land where the shooting range is located is leased from them.

The EPA is ok with the lead being on the ground as long as you have a lead management plan for your club to reclaim it from time to time. If you do a search on this website for "lead management", you will find all kinds of information on this subject.

Again, I repeat that the "Marines" are the only organization closing ranges in southern California.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.