1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Antonio - Where Do you Buy Your Supplies ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by undersluice, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undersluice

undersluice Member

Guys- I am in San Antonio for a few weeks and looking to buy a few flats of shells (preferably STS/Gun Clubs) to shoot. Looked up Dicks,Bass pro ....really pricey !!

Local trapshooters - where do you buy your supplies from ? Is there someone who deals in wholsesale supplies , selling directly to trapshotters local in the area.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    JB

2. Fox32

Fox32 Member

The best place bar none would be Bexar (pronounced bear) Community Shooting Range. They have a nice selection of shells, Kemens, Remington and Winchester. A full range of supplies, Lawrence shot, powder, wads and primers. A great bunch to deal with! 830-914-2182. They will be on the grounds during Nationals next week selling components and supplies.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Went to wallmart near the shooting complex and it had pallets of ammo at great prices..

4. cafowler

cafowler Member

JB,

Doesn't sound like you know it, but the NSCA Nationals competition starts next tues at the National Shooting Complex off Culebra, which is off 1604, on the west side of town. The shell house there has a great selection at reasonable prices. I know someone will have Keman's at a really good price, maybe it's Bexar Shooting Grounds. All the local retailers know the Sporting shooters are in town and buying lots of shells this week. I've found the Shell House to have as good a price as anyone in town. It's in the warehouse on the right as you drive down into the complex buildings. They'll have a menu of 20-30 different loads/brands to choose from. You fill out a form of what you want, hand it to the two old codgers who run it, then pay right there. Probably as close to a wholesaler you'll find this week in S.A. The program is posted above which has a map of the grounds and hours. Every major mnfr in the shooting business will be on Vendor row also, so bring a few extra bucks to buy some t-shirts, jackets, 4-gun matched set of Perazzi's, etc.

Try the San Antonio Gun Club between downtown & the airport for a really nice old trap/skeet range. There's a number of great places to shoot in/around SA, enjoy your stay there.

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hey, does "Shooter's Supply" in Seguin still have their Friday night fun shoots?

6. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

Trainer Hale is the vender at the NSC that has the best prices and supplies. I have been doing business with them for years great people with large selection and good prices.

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Vern cant sell shells on the grounds, but surely has a good supply of reloading components and lots of mec parts if you need any of those. Great people to do business with

Bob W

8. undersluice

undersluice Member

Thank you all for your responses.

I have been shooting practice at National Shooting Complex on Saturday's. Two other ranges I am aware of are Bexar and San Antonio Gun club, haven't made it there, but will check them out too. Are there any other gun clubs that allow guests to shoot at a resonable price ?

Regards,
    JB

9. cafowler

cafowler Member

For Trap,
    Maybe take a drive up to Kerrville on a Sat morning thru the hill country?

For Sporting;
    Don't miss Joshua Creek Ranch north of town in hill country, or 74Ranch about 40 min's south of town. Both are great sporting courses with great texas hospitality by the folks who run them.

See the website above for a list of all the gun clubs in town or nearby.

You could always go back to the National gun club and shoot a bunch of the games or practice course this weekend also, and enjoy the big shoot atmosphere. The Top Gun shootout on either Fri or Sat night is pretty good if you appreciate sporting.

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Academy near Seaworld had the best prices I could find when I was in SA for the World last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.