1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

San Antonio Targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by minnship8, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Thinking about maybe going to the SW Grand...

I shot the Southern Grand at Tucson and thought those were the best targets I'd ever seen and want to go back.

I was wondering what people thought of the targets and shoot at The Southwestern Grand in San Antonio?

2. double k

double k Member

Jun 1, 2009
    I agree with your assessment of the Spring Grand's targets in Tucson. I shot the Southwest Grand in San Antonio last April as well. The targets were good in my opinion, and good scores were definitely possible. That being said, the only thing that I noticed in San Antionio was the high winds that were always a possibility. The wind factor led to the targets being "sporty" on occasion during the shoot. The targets were not a result of poor shoot management or target setting, but simply a weather issue that was unavoidable at that time last April.
    I do not think that the targets will be as good as those thrown at Tucson, but good enough to enjoy the shoot. Weather permitting, but that is also the case where ever you go.
  3. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Perfect assessment there double k
  4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    San Antonio throws great targets in my opinion. I was told the traps at the bottom were lower in the houses and took a little longer before you saw them. Therefore I held a lower that roof top hold and did very well when I have shot them.

It is run very well and the targets have always been set right.

They have a good vendors row and serve a good supper.

I was class B champion there in 2000. Got a nice big leather shell bag. Ray
  5. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I have been shooting the NSC for six years and the targets have been very good and you are looking into clear sky no trees. The weather is another story can be cold in the morning and by noon you can not get enough clothes off. You may also run into rain two years ago I think I shoot in the rain everyday. The wind can make shooting a real challange one day shot singles with the wind at my back, cap with the wind 90 degrees from right to left, doubles the wind was in my face the birds came out and went straight up all on the same day at 15-20 MPH. Great venders, good food and as always great people well run shoot.
  6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

May 18, 2007
    Did you notice that the Sat night dinner did not cost you . That is another reason to shoot the Southwestern Grand. Vendor row is another good thing,No dust or rain inside Vendor row. See you at the Hdcp table. Tommy's Helper(Phil Vasquez)this year.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.