1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Same target presentation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by carpk, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpk

carpk TS Member

I have a question about same targets being thrown while in a competition.Say you are shooting and after a few targets you realize the trap is throwing the same target, What should you or would you do? I cannot fine any rule in the ATA rule book. Your connents please.
    Ken

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

It happens now and then. The only thing that can be done is to stop and have the machine changed. Usually it is nothing more than flipping a switch. When I set targets in the morning, I flip the switch to manual. This deactivates the oscillation. I do not want to openly admit that at times someone has forgotten to change the switch back to automatic. The targets shot do count.

Pat Ireland

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Yeah, call a halt to the shooting on your squad and ask the referee (scorer) to check to see that the machine is operating correctly. I've done that before many times and once it just so happened we all got the same bird through about 15 shots purely by chance - the machine was OK.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

having seen this topic come up before, you should get some interesting guilt comments coming in from folks that wanted to keep their mouth shut until they had shot their targets. From experience, I can tell you that I would probably shoot a bunch of targets before admitting to needing a change. I have been convinced in the past that the machine had become locked and just then surprise, hard left...........................

dennis

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Be a man, just grin and bear it. HMB

6. slodsm

slodsm Member

It's happened to me a time or two and usually it takes a full 10 shots (2 per shooter) before someone notices and calls it. They always shut to line down, fix it, and continue on with the targets already shot counting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.