1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Same camo for turkeys and waterfowl?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Porcupine, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Just curious, is there any difference between camo clothing for turkeys and waterfowl? Patterns, linings, water resistance, weight, etc? Thanks.

LA

2. trap906

trap906 Member

match the pattern to the surroundings you will be hunting, if the woods are starting to green up, then use a pattern with some green, if not, stay with fall colors, gray,brown, ect..

3. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

YES!

AndyH

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I do my share of hunting and if I prefer I can dress from head to toe in a particular pattern (MOBU,MODB,MAX-4) but, I wear camo patterns that I mix up. I basically do NOT have that picture perfect look like the guys in the Cabela's catalog. Thats's the way it works best for me weather I'm in the woods or near water. Alot of that camo stuff on the market is BS. More to fool the hunter into buying it than drawing in turkeys or waterfowl. Covering your face and hands is important. A head cover is good if you wear glasses as to not reflect light. Being in a good body position and comfortable to eliminate movement is necessary. Make sure you can shoot your gun sitting down. Pattern it while sitting down. Just because it fits you when your standing upright to shoot a target doesn't mean it's gonna feel the same when your sitting down. Shorter stock is what I'm saying might be needed. Heck, live and learn that's what it's all about but, Cabela's hunting catalog doesn't have all the answers that's for sure.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, EVERYONE knows if you don't wear camo that EXACTLY matches your surroundings you ain't gunna get anything, right?<br>
    <br>

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Realtree or Mossy Oak will have something for you. Experiment and find to correct answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.