1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Same Brileys in 2 guns??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dove Commander, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I have a SuperX-1, .735 bore and a Perazzi,.736 bore. Both have Briley S2 choke tubes. Both sets of tubes are .758-.760 OD (below threads), are the same length, and have the same thread.I want to shoot sporting w/ the Perazzi and need IC and LM choke tubes, but would only need 1 of each if I can use the Superx-1 tubes. Would the tubes be interchangable? Leaving for 10 days and won't be able to call Briley tomorrow before I leave.

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I have a SuperX-1, .735 bore and a Perazzi,.736 bore. Both have Briley S2 choke tubes. Both sets of tubes are .758-.760 OD (below threads), are the same length, and have the same thread.I want to shoot sporting w/ the Perazzi and need IC and LM choke tubes, but would only need 1 of each if I can use the Superx-1 tubes. Would the tubes be interchangable? Leaving for 10 days and won't be able to call Briley tomorrow before I leave.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

No problem with it at all. Your choke restriction will be off by .001, but that shouldn't matter any. I would do a test fit by hand just to make sure. Don't force them if it gets tight and look down the inside of the barrel just to double check fit.

ec90t

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

They screw in and bottom out perfectly. My Mod 21 tubes are exactly the same (.735 bore, .756 OD) as well. I would not have to order any tubes if that were the case. I was just curious if anyone else had done this before. Theres got to be some people out there who have done/tried this.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

That's the good thing about Briley when they install choke tubes, they don't try to re-invent the wheel. As long as the tube series is the same you shouldn't have a problem.

ec90t

6. Bernie

Bernie TS Member

I suppose it would be too much trouble to contact Briley and find out the real story.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bernie...read the first post. 3 hour time diff. Flight leaves early.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.