Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spano has passed away.........................

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  thefarrellfam 
#1 ·
Sam Spano has passed away... He was 71 years old. He died on Wednesday, February 23. Sam & Helene would have been married 50 years on March 13... Sam & Helene were our best friends... We grew up in New York & moved our families to Colorado in 1977...He loved trapshooting,& hunting...He will be terribly missed...You can email His wife Helene at, hspano@aol.com God Bless you good buddy, we will miss you............... Pete LaBella

#6 ·
My name is Jessica Farrell (Terjesen) - I am Michael Buccieri's grand-daughter.

When I was a little girl, my grandfather said we had to go pick up "Spano" from the airport, that I should go get ready. He went to get ready too. When he came out of his room, he was dressed like a clown, in the funniest costume you've ever seen. I think the shoes were like a size 17. With a sign that said "Spano" and in the clown outfit we went to the airport to pick him up! It was so funny! That was the way he and my grandfather were together, lots of fun and laughter!

I love you guys and cherish the memories that all of you "extended and chosen" family members have given me. While I know the grief the family is going through is horrible - I also wanted to take a moment to tell each of you who loved Sam Spano as much as I did - that I am sorry for your loss as well.

Sam was a great man and he and his family mean a great deal to mine. He will be so very missed.

#8 ·
Oh Jessica, that is such a beautiful memory you shared with us...I remember the clown costume & shoes as well...How about the red german helmut Mike used to wear while he was ''clowning around''...We spent the day with Helene...She is doing well & is happy with all the grandkids & her new great grandson....Alison came in...Many more family & friends are on their way...Again thanks for your loving post...I will print it & bring to Helene...Love you Jess.................Pete & Sara LaBella

#9 ·
Oh, no!

What a great guy. I loved dealing with him, well actually, I enjoyed our conversations about guns, shooting, reloading, Italian food AND Pete LaBella.

Gosh, I am really sadddened. I have his address and will get a card off to the family.

Now, sadly, there's one less shooter who will be at the dinner table with Ikey, Pete, Alex, and me... I know, the wine is getting warm. A toast to Sam is in order.

Whiz

#13 ·
"You toiled so hard for those
you loved.
You said goodbye to none,
Your spirit flew before we knew,
Your work on earth was done.
We miss you now,
our hearts are sore,
As time goes by we miss you more.
Your loving smile, your gentle face:
No one can fill your vacant place.
Your life was love and labor.
Your love for your family true.
You did the best for all of us.
We will always remember you."

Sammy- you can't imagine how missed you are by so many people. Today will be a tough day for all of us. But you will forever be in our hearts. Rest in Peace.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Helene, family, and everyone who has lost Sam as a dear friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.