1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SALT GUN AND HELP ON A 366

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WWB, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWB

WWB Member

HA...Shot my first fly of the season with my salt gun---question?? Can one leave the salt in there for an extended period of time?
    I have a 12 ga 366 I just bought. The wad seater was to high and the ram would hit the wad when it returned over the hull to insert the wad. Naturally the little bolt holding the wad seater was rusted in-I finally got it out, got a new bolt and a new e ring now I can't get the thing even close to 1/8th in. above the hull but it won't swing over to insert the wad and won't swing back either....the manuel says nothing. Anyone have a step by step WHAT TO DO solution? Thanks in advance.
    Trees are starting to bud in Colo.and the winds are strong....ahhhhh Spring!
    Willie

2. SetterGuy

SetterGuy Member

Your wad holder likely needs more spring tension: lift the rectangular steel block at the base of the wad holder guide rod, and turn it clockwise, 1/4 turn at a time ... until it works correctly.

Also, there is (often)a curved flat spring that rides against the wad guide rod - clamped under the right upright on the top platten: if set too tight, it will restrict rotation of the guide ..

3. WWB

WWB Member

SetterGuy

Thank you, I will look into that--not sure about the second item mentioned tho,
    That spring by the platen under the right upright??.
    Thanks again.
    Willie

4. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

Google Pacific 366, scroll down till you see "40 years living with the 366"

This guy has written 4 chapters about the 366 and you will find more in there than you will ever get from the owners manual and most elsewhere

Its a great read

Argus

5. Nebs

Nebs Well-Known Member

The wad guide on the 366 can be tricky to adjust. The 12 ga. 366 does not come with the curved spring where the rod goes through the head; that's a "feature" on the smaller gauges only. Check to see if the c-clip on the rod underneath the platen is in the correct place. If the c-clip is shot, you can get a replacement at Home Depot, etc. Also, adjust the height of the wad-guide so it's just about 1/8" from the top of the shell. Make sure the spring is properly aligned with the aluminum block at the bottom and the end of the spring is inserted in the hole in the top of the block. And the advice about tightening the spring by rotating the aluminum block is sound. 1/4 turn at a time until the guide rotates in on the down-stroke and out on the up-stroke is all that is needed.

6. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

At the top of the rod holding the wad guide in is a small drift pin.

I have had these bend slightly, and I think this effected the timing of the wad guide.

All adjustments to the wad guide should be done in small increments.

Lubrication is also necessary. I like graphite in a spray with a long nozzle tube for the tight places. Just a small amount, though.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Can a Uni-Dot be mounted on it to prevent cross firing?

How is it choked?

What salt size? 27.5's or 28's?

8. WWB

WWB Member

Brian

I am using 28.5's w/Iodine!! I find that works best for venetian blinds and monitor screens. She is choked extra-extra full & I have bored out the saline cone. I also mounted the Hi Viz vermillion front site.

Willie

9. WWB

WWB Member

Argus--thanx for the tip on the 366 read--I'll try that also.
    Willie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.