1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sale Denied

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by grntitan, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The Tuscan Gun Shop where former US Rep. Giffords husband Mark Kelly purchased an AR 15 style rifle along with a .45 pistol gas rescinded the sale. The Sig Sauer M 400 was reported by Kelly to be purchased to make a political point. After the store owner heard of Kelly's intention and statements to the media, he determined it was in the company's best interest to terminate the sale.

I say good for them.

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its getting harder to figure out which one of the two, Isn't all there!!

Mark is losing the debate on that thought!!!

Its interesting to note that even if he could purchase it "so easy" he couldn't pick it up for 20 days while it was being checked out to see if the AR was ever used in a crime!!!

NOT SO EASY now is it!! Mark!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

He learned business rule #1.

[​IMG]

That means you Mark Kelly.

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I do not understand the whole thing. A career military man, decorated as an officer, in good standing with all his security clearances, and married to a Congresswoman, is making a big deal because he was able to purchase a semi auto sporting rifle? Why wouldn't he. He has the clout to walk into a military armory and sign out a 50 caliber machinegun.
    This cheap political stunt is a disgrace to his uniform. Maybe the North Koreans have a place for him.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

He's as bad as McCain. Using his position and an ugly past experience to improve his popularity and future income.

6. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Look at it this way...

He publicly announced that he was purchasing a firearm that he was immediately going to turn over to a third party.

Doesn't that constitute a 'straw purchase' under the new laws these people want??

These guys seam to think so too (see link).

Food for thought.

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Yes, he obviously lied on question #1 on the 4473 form. Does anybody think the justice department will prosecute?

8. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Now they're killing baby seals...

I know, this has the appearance of a tragic accident. The Gifford/Kelly's daughter's dog attacked and killed a baby sea lion in CA.

Sea lions are federally protected animals, and as such the dog has committed a crime for which its owners are responsible. BUT no charges are to be filed - why?? The daughter is responsible for the death of the sea lion - if you or I shot the same sea lion with a gun we would be charged, why does the daughter get a free ride??

I think we need background checks for the purchase of all dogs - we really only need it for the 'dangerous' ones, but because that is an arbitrary distinction, we'll do it for all of them. May as well add cats too.

Is the irony of this lost on the media????

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

DO AS WE SAY! NOT AS WE DO!!

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

"GUNS FOR WE, NONE FOR THEE."

This douchebag got busted cold, and should be inducted into the Hypocrisy Hall of Fame.

-Gary

11. jakeduke

jakeduke Member

My internet is slow today I had to see this in stop and go motion,but I think I got the most of it. No charges were filed. I guess these sea lions are not protected and there is an open season on them. Am I correct?

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Have them bring their dog up here. We have some pesky Spotted Owls they can take care of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.