1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SAINTE GENEVIEVE LODGING FOR THE GRAND?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mastiff711, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Anyone have any opinions on staying at Sainte Genevieve MO to attend the Grand??? Thanks.

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I considered it a few years ago, but it seems a little out of the way even though it is only 40 miles away. I stayed in Perryville instead.

If you do stay there go north on Rt.1 when you get into Chester. There is practically no traffic on it and you can avoid going through Sparta.

EDIT: Now that I've played with mapquest a little, going up Rt7/12 is a bit closer. But Mapquest calculates it as taking about as long as going through Chester and up Rt1. Probably due to the back roads.

3. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Terrible making last minute reservations....trying to find the closest and nicest place to stay as possible and don't really know where to start lol......maybe there will be last minute cancellations :)

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're coming from the south and want to avoid driving as much as possible. If you don't mind driving a "little" further north, you shouldn't have any problem finding a room in the Fairview Heights/O'Fallon/Shiloh area up on I-64.

Actually, Expedia showed some dates at the Microtel in Ste. Genevieve as being unavailable during the Prelim/Grand weeks.

5. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Yes coming from south and can get a room in either Ste Genevieve or Perryville. Undecided which to do. Perryville does look more convenient. Is it a convenient drive?

6. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Perryville to Sparta is a nice drive. I would prefer Perryville over St. Gene. I have seen delays with the ferry and not the bridge.
    See ya soon,
    CA

7. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Thanks! Any advice on which hotel in Perryville is the nicest?

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I stayed in the Best Western out by the interstate. It was acceptable (and I'm very particular.). The Comfort Inn should be OK too. There's a Wal-Mart conveniently located nearby also.

9. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Staying in Perryville will make it a little more convenient to go to two of the local favorite restaurants. The Pioneer's Cabin in Willisville and the Roadhouse just north of Chester. Do a google search on both of those. I think you'll enjoy them.

Also, as you go south out of Sparta after a day's shooting, you will pass by South Side Ribs. This is a barbeque place that is a favorite with trapshooters (so much so that they added another room on after the '06 Grand just so they could accommodate the overflow during this tournament.)

You'll need to research how to get to Rt1 out of Chester. It involves some side streets. A GPS is really helpful for this. If you have one, have it plot a route to Baldwin IL. Then it will take you up Rt1.

10. mastiff711

mastiff711 Member

Hey thanks for all of the advice. I got lucky and found a nice B&B in Chester that had a room available so I took it. Will keep those restaurants definitely in mind though because my husband was just wondering where some really good ones were.

Stacey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.