1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Said goodbye to Helo today.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I had almost 13 wonderful years with my best retriever I ever had. He was a wonder to watch, he would even try to retrieve fish as He went with me pretty much any place that I did. The funniest time I remember was one day after dove hunting we moved to the pond to shoot ducks. His legs were so short that he would walk backwards to bring me my birds. I know some of you won't believe that but He was a Miniature Daschund. I wish I had a camera with me that day but I will always have the memories. Guys just couldn't believe it in the dove fields. They would ask if I had a retriever and I would answer up, YEP, and here He is. Just had to sit down and shed some more tears and share what a wonderful friend He had been. I know that many of you have been through this and ask that you would remember me in prayer. I know that He is now in heaven where I will join him one day. Jackie B.

2. avery53

avery53 Member

Sorry for your loss! Man's best friend is an understatement, they are much more than that.
    Been in your shoes too many times, I type this as my 14 yr old Brit is lying against my feet. Their lives are far too short!

avery

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Really sorry to hear about that Jackie, we lost our two Danes last winter, my wife is finally getting over it and we are going to look for a couple new pups

4. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

lost our molly 2 dy black lab 15 yr run what a hunter been there an it hurts all over again sorry 4 ur lost my friend god speed 4 both of them

5. Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer Member

I can certainly feel your pain my friend, and just the thought of losing my own beloved long haired doppled daschund Vera, brought tears to my eyes. Those who have never known the joy and peace from the unconditional love of a dog have truly missed out one of the great experiences in life, almost like having a child. They always love you, and always forgive you no matter what you do, and never judge. Their entire being is to be with you and that loving lick on the hand and wagging tail, even when they are sick is more reward than most people may ever find in life.

God speed to you and your beloved pet. Having lost other dogs during my life, I know that the pain of your loss will never completely go away, but try to keep the most pleasant memories of your time together close and know that your pet had the best you could provide, and that he is now at peace.

God Bless,

Steve

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I know how you feel. I lost my best buddy of 14 and half years in January. I still think about her every day. Nothing but fond memories.

7. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Nothing but empathy and understanding for your loss. This must be one of those times when the phrase "pay it forward" has meaning. Helo will most certainly be ready to great you in the future.

Robert

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks for your responses. It has been rough the last month with lost loved ones, never thinking about losing Helo as He had been so playful and always ready to go. You just never know, so enjoy your family, friends and pets while you can. Jackie B.

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

God bless you and may you remember all the great times your pup gave you.
    They are family.

10. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss! Cherish the memories! God gave us dogs for a reason. Be thankful for the years you had him! My thoughts are with you!

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Sorry for your loss Jackie. How well I understand your pain.

Doug

12. gaengineer

gaengineer Member

Sorry to hear that Jackie. The many times I have seen you with him and how you were about him made it evident what kind of friends you were. We all have dogs and think of them as more than a pet. My thoughts are with you. Hope to see you in Offerman tomorrow.

Marcus

13. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. I understand it all to well.
    Mike C.

14. psfive

psfive Member

So sorry for your loss. I swore I would not put myself in that place again. As I type this and look at my one year old yellow lab who is probably with out question the smartest lab I have ever trained. At one year old he seems to read my mind. Six times I have sent one home or lost one unexpectedly. A prayer goes out for you. Paul in GINebraska.

15. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Our family feels your pain. We are sorry for your loss......

16. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

My condolences....I am always sad to lose a friend or family member, but when a good dog goes I cry all day. Bill

17. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

I like many others have their dog sitting here as I type, Your pain brought a tear to my eye..I hope the pain eases soon and all the best to you.

18. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

What a great friend so sorry for your loss.