1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Safety Rule Interpretation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Roger If you are refering to IV,I, 10 Safety. In a nut shell, NO.

Jim

2. scott berry

scott berry TS Member

What Jim said...

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I think we go over this about three times a year . First there is no rule about closing your gun before your turn to shoot . NO RULE .

The worse thing I can have happen on the line is have a shooter not ready to shoot when it,s his turn . Close your gun when you like but if you must wait untill it,s your turn you may be shooting by your self .

4. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Jeeze--------is it already THAT time again?

John C. Saubak

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Refer to the number of trapshoots, trapshooters, events, posts ETC ETC.. and to how often this has been a problem and you have your answer. It is a non-issue except for the hand wringers. Jeff

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

What confuses this issue, and make no mistake I'm in agreement with ALF-99 et alii, is that there are evidently many clubs, seemingly toward the east, that have a "club rule" about not closing your gun "until it's your turn to shoot." This rule is rarely seen in the west, at least where I am likely to shoot, and it certainly isn't enforced literally at any club I've attended during registered shoots. It's quite simple for me to interpret the message as "OK to close the gun when you're on the line, at your post, and when your closing the gun on a live shell when least likely to bother squadmates." Taking a middle of the road approach, it seems most of the contributors here will agree or are willing suggest that closing the gun in preparation for your next shot is quite reasonable at the same time a contestant 2 or even 3 shooters prior to you is firing his gun. Is the "don't close" rule a good idea for beginners, people in training, first timers? Sure....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.