Trapshooters Forum banner

Safety for Perazzi - SCO Engraved

5K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Jmck 
#1 ·
Your thumb pain has ended! If you have a Perazzi with the "Button" safety, and are tired of the pressure on your thumb when you remove your trigger, I have the Ridge style safeties that give you more leverage without hurting your thumb.

These are SCO engraved and are beautiful! An easy install that you can do yourself.

$135 shipped to you.

Pm or visit www.donrackleygunparts.com

Carving Design Material property Visual arts Pattern

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Hi Don,

I'd like to buy one. I think it will compliment the other upgrades we did to my gun well. Perhaps this is a good place to share that experience with folks.

I had a desire to add a little detail to my Perazzi MX2000. So I called up Don to talk about it, and I'm glad I did. I have a Giuliani trigger in the gun all set up for sub-gauge shooting, and I like that trigger. What I found in Don was a creative individual who knows Perazzi’s inside and out with a lot of enthusiasm to help me in this little custom project. After some talking and design ideas provided by Don, we decided to have a custom top lever and trigger guard made for my gun. This allowed me to keep my trigger as is, and reduce cost by not buying a completely new trigger.

The new top lever and trigger guard showed up a week earlier than expected and looked fantastic with SCO engraving and inlayed white gold Pics below. I watched Don's videos for installation instructions and all went well with just a little filing on the top lever shaft in the groves which needed a little more clearance for the firing pin(s) retaining pin. Some helpful guidance from Don over the phone made this easy too.

I'm very pleased with the end result and the overall project, from the really beautiful upgraded components from the artists in Italy, to Don’s simple and honest business practices, both going beyond my expectations at a very reasonable cost. If you're thinking of a customization project for your Perazzi, I highly recommend giving Don a call to explore your wide array of options.

Wood
Door handle Wood Antique Brass

#6 · (Edited)
Jim,

Thanks for the kind words, your gun looks great, very tasteful and elegant! If I remember, you had a pretty good idea what you wanted and at the end, you put it together, kudos to you, also. That white gold looks great!

I've put aside a SCO safety for you, if you want a blued one, simply go to
Www.donrackleygunparts.com and do the shopping cart thing and I'll ship it out. Unfortunately, If you want one with a white gold perimeter border I'll measure to make sure there is room for the border and get with Italy.

Please let me know what you think.

Best to you,

Don

#7 ·
Very nice touch. I got to see in person a P gun that a customer of Giacomo had the MX action body satin nickel finished but retained the blued top lever, safety and trigger group and it was also stunning. What caught my eye of your photos is the narrow groove down the center of the rib. What model P gun is this or is this groove custom. My interest is in that K guns and CG trap guns also have this runway down the length of their ribs.

#8 · (Edited)
Very nice touch. I got to see in person a P gun that a customer of Giacomo had the MX action body satin nickel finished but retained the blued top lever, safety and trigger group and it was also stunning. What caught my eye of your photos is the narrow groove down the center of the rib. What model P gun is this or is this groove custom. My interest is in that K guns and CG trap guns also have this runway down the length of their ribs.
Hello, that barrel with the groove is actually a 30in 28ga for a 12ga frame that I had Lucio fit to my MX2000. I think the groove in the rib is factory, not a customization.

Cheers, Jim

#16 ·
Your thumb pain has ended! If you have a Perazzi with the "Button" safety, and are tired of the pressure on your thumb when you remove your trigger, I have the Ridge style safeties that give you more leverage without hurting your thumb.

These are SCO engraved and are beautiful! An easy install that you can do yourself.

$135 shipped to you.

Pm or visit www.donrackleygunparts.com

View attachment 573017
Do does this fit on mx2000 RS, bought a used P gun last year and added some upgrades.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.