1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

safe is open

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trappertom, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trappertom

trappertom TS Member

Safe is opened and functional, what a feleif! New lock installed and all is well in East Tn. again. kfbagt and my somewhat uneducated assumption were right on target, stuck lucky #7 seven button had it locked up. Thanks to all and keep those batteries fresh and hot. Have a great weekend and go bust some targets!

2. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

Google Translator didn't work for me on this one!

Maybe BabelFish?

Mike K

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

trappertom

Glad things worked out for ya! A "feleif" to be sure!

sissy : )

4. trappertom

trappertom TS Member

fat fingered that for sure. Don't really know how a "feleif" feels like or what it is, but it ain't too bad! Thanks for the support.

5. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that has a electronic lock with an override key to get you into the safe if the keypad malfunctions?

Robert

6. psfive

psfive Member

There is no override key on mine! Paul in Nebraska.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Am I the only one that has a electronic lock with an override key to get you into the safe if the keypad malfunctions?"

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H22t-tiWiLw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H22t-tiWiLw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

One of mine has a key if the battery goes dead. However I don't think the key will work unless the battery is dead.(I think) I have never tried it. Jackie B.

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

details! what did the safe cracker do? install the new keypad, have you punch in your number and viola! it's open? just like that?

10. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

"Am I the only one that has a electronic lock with an override key to get you into the safe if the keypad malfunctions?"

Robert

No. I have one as well.

11. trappertom

trappertom TS Member

this is hard to explain. he peeled the keyboard display back and removed a small metal spring type disk from #7, put my code in and the safe opened. he then installed a new lock and i was able to set up a new code. very efficient and very much a pro.

12. trappertom

trappertom TS Member

quartering, once again you are quite nosey. what does it matter to you how it was repaired

13. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

My expensive safe has just the electronic keypad. I had a dead battery once, changed it and everything worked. My cheaper safe not only has an over-ride key but it also has an external battery hook up incase the main battery fails. Double redundancy.

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

How did the man make it work?

15. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Not much of a safe if a key will open it. My S&G electronic lock has no key. The mechanical locks have a key but that is only a temporary lock when away from the safe for a few minutes.

16. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

JerryP

thats what I thought to. I tried to have a spare made just in case, none of the locksmiths around here could make one. They are a pretty unique key. Still not sure if I like the idea or not.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.