1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Safe Cleanout Sale (New Pictures Added)

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by MDMike, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK folks, like others on here I'm having a safe cleaning out sale. I've got stuff here that needs to go. I realize pictures are important and I'll try to get some up by the weekend. Here we go....

Weatherby Fiberguard, Cal. 233 Comes with Leupold bases. I believe I have the box for this one. Fired a total of 16 rounds since 1988. $450.00 plus shipping

FN 1949 Cal. 8MM Mauser. I have never fired this rifle. $400.00 plus shipping.(Price Drop)

Ruger M77. Post warning with tang safety. Cal 7MM Rem Mag. Has a Leupold VX-lll
    2.5X8 scope. Rifle has been fired a total of 21 rounds since 1982. $600.00 plus shipping. I believe I have the box for this one.

Valmet 412 20 ga. 28" barrels, fixed F/M chokes. I bought the gun new, shot it twice (2 shells) and put it in the safe. It has a couple of minor "safe scars" but other than that it looks new.I believe I have the box for this $600.00 plus shipping. On this shotgun I need to send King Ranch some pictures before I agree to sell it to anyone else as he had an interest in it.

Swiss K31 Straight pull rifle. I have never fired this one as well. $250.00 plus shipping. (Price Drop)

Ruger 77V stock only. Bought this stock to go on a custom rifle that was built around a Ruger action that I ended up and sold. Stock is like new. $125.00 plus shipping.

M-1 Garand NM. Springfield Armory, Inc. This rifle is from the first run of M-1's built by Springfield. Has a NM barrel (I suspect Douglas, but unsure, NM op-rod, NM2A rear hooded sight, and NM front sight. The rifle would benefit from a new bedding job as it is surface bedded, however, it shoots quite well as it is. All USGI parts (except barrel and reciever). Fired a total of 175 rounds since 1984. $1350.00 plus shipping.(Price Drop)

M1A Ultra Match. Rifle was early Springfield Armory, Inc. (Ser. #0191XX) NOT DEVINE. The rifle was built by SA, Inc, bedded and tuned by Carl Lesinger, and shoots "like a house on fire" like Carl says. Rifle has a TRW bolt, NM2A USGI sights,and a mixture of USGI and early SA, Inc parts as was the practice in those days and a heavy Douglas barrel along with the other match modifications. Fired somewhere between 6-700 rounds total. Has set in the safe since 1986. $2100 plus shipping.

M-1 carbine. Inland Mfg. Rifle comes with 3-15 round mags, stock pouch, and the like. Full military. $700.00 plus shipping. (Price Drop)

Scopes only. Leupold 3X9 Vari-X ll. 3X9 Silver. #46345 Is currently mounted on a Winchester pre'64 so more than likely it will have marks from that. Other than that like new with box $195.00 shipped. That's about $100.00 or more off the price of a new one.

Weatherby 3X9 Scope. Japan manufactured. Not the best optics but may be of interest to a Weatherby collector. Has been mounted on my SAKO. Has marks from the rings. In it's origional box. $100.00 plus shipping.

Well, like I said, I'm cleaning out the safe and looked at these rifles, scratched my head and said to myself that since I haven't shot them in the last 20+ years, I guess I won't in the next 20 years. I've gone from a hunter and High power shooter to a trapshooter since 1986. I'll try to get some pictures up by the weekend. Please bear with me as Bill Gates I'm not. I will offer a 3 day unfired inspection on any firearms and the scopes. Thanks for looking, Mike.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Can you send me a pic of the FN 49?

rm

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Be glad to if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks, Mike..

4. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK Rick. Be glad to. However, I need to PM King Ranch first as he mentioned it to me last week.

5. SPW895

SPW895 Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PM sent. Stan

6. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I'm also adding to the pile a Beretta 390 Ducks Unlimited "Dinner Gun" or gun of the year. Of course it is unfired and in the box. $1100.00 plus shipping.....(Price Drop)

7. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Scopes sold......

8. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK Mac, she's yours.

9. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK, here goes with the postings....These are pictures of the Valmet. Did it work?

10. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

This is supposed to be 2 pictures of the FN 49 if it took...

11. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Wheatherby SPF. Can someone help me upload pictures. It says I'm uploading but I don't see them. Thanks, Mike....

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike, after uploading, click "insert pictures after thread text."

13. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

OK, let's try that
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey, now it looks like we're cooking with gas...... Valmet and FN 49....

14. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Hopefully here are pictures of the 77 and M1A....Now it's telling me I can only download JPG images?

15. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Will take the 49 - PM to follow

rm

16. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

FN 49 and Ruger SPF. Now there is something I forgot to mention. I will take a personal check, however, I will wait to ship until it clears. A postal MO will get the item shipped ASAP and I will hold the MO until I hear from you and you are satisfied. I have never had a bad dealing with a fellow shooter and the folks on TS.com have been great.

17. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

FN 49 back up for sale.....

18. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

Is the FN 49 a military gun or a sporter?

19. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Military gun. The FN 1949 was the forunner of the FN FAL. To give you a bit of military history as I understand it, the FN 49 was designed by the same fellow that also designed the FN FAL at FN. The FN 49 was adapted by several countries in 7X57, 30-06, and 8X57. After WWll, the British approached FN for a rifle chambered in their .276 caliber experminatal battle rifle ctg. The British had been working on this cartridge since before WWl. In fact, the 1917 Enfield (known also as the P 14) was origionally chambered and designed for this round. Needing rifles after entering WWl and not wanting to "change horses in the middle of the stream" the British went wirh the P 14 in 303. After the Second World War, the .276 service carteidge again reared it's head. All was set to go as well as the FN FAL that was designed around this caridge. About the same time NATO was formed and the United States demanded a "full 30 calbre round". Shortened, a 30-06 became a 308, or 7.62X51. The FAL was ordered chambered for the NATO round and the rest is history. The 7.62X51 streaches the limits of the FAL, but it seems to work well, IMHO. So to answer your question, the FN 49 is indeed a military rifle.

20. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Woops. The M-1 Carbine is an Underwood....Still trying to get these #%@&* pictures to post......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fn 1949 7x57 photos history