1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad, sad day in Trapshooting! We lost a good one!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz white, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I was just notified by Wayne at the P/W factory that the company's CEO, Dick Medley, passed away during the night at home in Lewiston, ID from a heart attack.

I believe Dick was in his early 70's, when I met with him regarding a corporate buyout of P/W and move to my state of SD. That was two years ago.

Dick and the general manager and machine operations manager, Wayne, are/were instrumental in the development of the new Patriot reloader slated for a soon-release date.

I have been in daily contact with the factory and spoke to Dick just last week. He sounded very upbeat and excited about the new Patriot. This past Monday he even asked for my assistance in some design issue. In fact, it was Dick who listened to shooters regarding the type of finish on the reloader and changed from the camo color to the shooter's request in the black-silver powder coat finish, primer tray feeding (which is now more feeding friendly), and other ideas from shooters.

Dick was a man of tall stature, a full head of well-groomed gray hair, a commanding presence, and he didn't mix words. He was the quintessential black-and-white kind of guy who said it like it was, a common trait for folks living in Idaho and surrounding states, and my state as well. It's kind of a vanishing American character trait. You tell it like it IS, not what folks want to hear!

Dick listened to people and took their ideas to heart when it came to supporting the shooting sports. He was quick to help out youth shooting and most other shooting related causes. He has maintained a schedule of donation to worthy causes in the shooting sports.

Wayne, Bruce, Tania and the rest of the P/W folks are saddened, but are at work today. They all wanted me to post this on trapshooters.com AND TO STATE that Ponsness/Warren WILL CONTINUE in its daily operations, and they expect customers to see no disparaging changes. There is absolutely no concern for any changes in business operation. Wayne and the gang are certainly capable of and will continue to see P/W's future be bright and successful, as it has been these past 40-50 years.

Trapshooting in particular, has lost a strong supporter.

My God BLESS his hardworking soul!

Jim "Whiz" White<BR>
    P/W Distributor - 35 years

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My condolences..always sad to hear of another good person gone home

3. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

My condolences to his family from the folks here at the shop.

Dennis DeVault

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

My sympathies to the family and to the company; I feel their loss.

MK

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

My condolences to the PW family and his immediate family. Sad for anyone to go, much less one of the good guys.

Rick in MT

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

My thoughts and prayers to the family.. Another sad day for the trapshhoters in this world.. Mike

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Martin and are are sending our prayers for the healing of his family and friends' hearts.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I can attest to his character. he sent a check for our youth shooting program without solicitation. He seen it on here and sent a check instantly. I made up my mind that day that I would never buy any other loader but PW. I was already a PW owner but considering an upgrade. Melba Gun Club in Melba Idaho ( just a southern neighbor to him) wishes to extend our sympathy to all the family and frinds & co workers at PW & to you also Whiz. You have been a fine ambassador for PW. Lou Mowan, pres, Melba GC

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to the Family and Friends ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. whiz white

I've been trying to learn of the date of the funeral. Am considering flying out there and then spend a couple of days at the factory working (bothering) Wayne on the Patriot.

Been checking the Lewiston Tribune for information, but nothing yet.

WW

11. TC

TC TS Member

My condolances to the family and friends. Tony

12. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Sincere Condolances to all!

Thanks Whiz & Cubancigar.

Tom

13. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Whiz, another wonderful friend has left us this year. My condolences to the family of Mr. Medley & also to you Whiz. God Bless you all........Pete LaBella

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Jim "Whiz" White

Sorry to hear of this Ok im not shooting right now but still have a P.W. ready to go anytime it is called upon.

Ok mine is the 800 series I think mine was a 800 B then had it changed over to something better with the quick change over dies ok I would have to look and see but it is a 800 C or D if there is such a thing.

Well again sorry to hear the loss of anyone in the shooting world.

Foggy

15. whiz white

I put the above link to the obituary in another thread, but I am listing it
    here, above, too, if you are interested in sending a card.

The above funeral home site has a nice link to an email sympathy card. They charge only $4.95 for you to generate a card and they even mail it to the family. Kinda of a neat idea.

Cards can be sent to:

The Dick Medly family<BR>
    6804 Cougar Ridge Drive<BR>
    Lewiston, ID 83501-7858

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.