Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAd News !!!

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  stokinpls 
#1 ·
On Monday June 01/2009 our gun club in Watford , Ontario , Canada
had a scheduled visit fron the Provincial Firearms Office to check the safety requirments, distances and all aspects..
It has been brought to our attention that many modern safety requirments are not possible at our club. (Formed 1973)
Our Club Has had to close its trap & skeet facility.
At this time I am very sad about the chain of events and digging deep for answers.
The price of a round of trap or skeet just went up.
Or maybe it became priceless.
For you the shooter, please take all priviledges with great regard.

Yours Truly: Joe Woods/Ontario

#3 ·
The prevailing liberal mind-set in Canada, Australia and Britain is that firearms are "public nuisances" they need to be aggressively monitored and regulated....you see, they are a "threat to the public".......

This anti-gun mind-set is a function of LIBERAL POLITICIANS with their urban/suburban "world view."

JOIN THE NRA....they couldn't!

#7 ·
Joe

Sorry to hear that.

What is the issue with the trap range? I assume it doesn't meet the Safety Area Template where the saftey arc is drawn on a 208 metre radius from the trap house and/or the angles specified on it.

I have been through an inspection without issues at our club but we easily meet the template requirements.

Good luck with it.

#11 ·
Joe,
I was floored when I heard this. Over the last few years I've enjoyed shooting some targets with the great bunch always there on Wednesday nights. As well as the Good Friday shoots, you folks organized. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to ask, from writing letters to a work crew count me in. Keep a positive outlook this is just a bump in the road.
Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.