1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad News--No shooting this year

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by CalvinMD, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

For everybody who has been following my health situation...the news came friday that my last(hopefully)operation to repair me internally and remove my temporary colostomy bag originally set for 5/2 had to be cancelled due to a scheduling snafu caused by my surgeons support staff not paying sufficient attention to the details of the drs orders.
    So basically I now am waiting for a new surgery date of which the hospital never seems to be able to get anything closer then 7-9 weeks later than the previous date. What this means for me is that the summer and probably most of the fall shooting season will be gone by the time I'm in any shape to take up my shotgun again. I'm totally disgusted as i've worked my butt off in physical therapy to be in the condition the doc requested I be to survive the operation
    . I'm so bummed i'm ready to chuck it all and just sit in this stupid recliner and wait for the inevitable. Sorry for the negativity but I've already watched the last 3yrs of my life slip away totally wasted and its looking like another one is heading down that same road....thanks for all the notes of concern..CalvinMD

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't quit now Calvin. You have came way too far to throw in the towel now. Its just another minor set back. Your health is more important than anything else. Good luck and keep looking forward.--Matt

3. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Calvin,

Hang in there. You are one of the good guys. You can endure this snafu, and be back shooting. Good luck.

Danny

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Calvin, Why would a colostomy bag keep you from shooting? I had one, bib overalls and a shooting vest are the answer. It is a genuine pain but not the end all. Bill

5. TC

TC TS Member

Calvin, I would suggest you speak personally to your surgeon. If his staff messed up he will straighten it out. Use a little tact and diplomacy but let him know you are disappointed. Tony

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Calvin, I know the feeling. I'm out for the next year, IF things go well. I've lost s good part of the last two or three years and may be limited for another year or more. Spines don't heal well when you put a pounding on them. You'll get there eventually and you'll do well and in better health. Hang in there!

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If indeed you cannot shoot, how about doing something else gun related. Perhaps picking up a muzzleloading rifle or pistol kit? Or reworking an old gun and getting it ready for reblueing and refinishing the stock?

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Keep looking forward Cal, lingering in the moment can only prolong the waiting. We've never met but I enjoy your posts and one day hope to have the honor.

Robert

9. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Doc.. I'm looking at you.. as you are looking at me for strength.. Don't give up the ship.. Hang in there my friend.. I hope to squad with you one day..and NOT on the other side.. Stay strong my friend.. I'll say a SPECIAL prayer for you today.. Your friend.. Mike

10. willing

willing Member

Cal
    What's the problem with the bag? I have had one for almost 7 years and I shoot 4 times a week. If I can answer any question send me a PM.

Bill

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Hang in there Calvin!!! Get on the phone and do something, anything, even if its wrong. Keep pluggen away and all will be better tomorrow. Breake-m all. Jeff

12. CalvinMD

hi guys..the problem with the bag is that my chest is very irregularly shaped now from plastic surgery..a 3.5" section of my intestines is outside of me just under my breastbone and is oval shaped and level with the long ends side to side....and the bags base has a large 4" opening thats like Tupperware...so all of my movement is limited or it pops the adhesive and the huge leaking mess begins....I have had to sleep these last six months in a recliner to keep from laying too flat or turning to the side...the Phys Therapist says I'm as strong as i'm going to get under these limitations and that the insurance will not pay any longer as there is no further gains to be had...so basically thats it..to lay and languish here until the Drs put away their damn golf clubs aside long enough to feel like doing something to get their staffs butts in gear...it took a lot of work, sweat and pain to be up for this and I'm as ready as I ever could be..all for nothing now

13. CalvinMD

PS...this gets better..after pushing today to get another surgery date for asap...found out from a new person that works for my surgeon that he "left for vacation" Saturday and wont be back until Wedsnesday 5/4 ,..2 days after my original surgery date,....so basically the bastard lied to me so he could take off while his other staff were blaming it on the plastic surgeon saying he was unable to attend....don't know if I want a LIAR cutting on me

14. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Hey, Cal...I'm sorry. I know how disappointing this is for you. I would look for a new surgeon.

15. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Hey Cal,
    Illegitimi Non Carborundum ( "Don't let the bastards grind you down".)

Hang in there!

16. CalvinMD

Thanks guys...I'm still kicking myself for ever letting them do this gastric bypass crap...I should have just had my jaw wired shut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.