1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad - Jan. almost gone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Am I the only one who thinks the month of January goes by quicker than any other month on the calender? 31 days just like others, but it seems to disappear in a blink of an eye.

I shudder and shiver at the thought of what the weather is going to be like in July. A G*d**mn month that seems to last forever. Filthy hot humid grass mowing sob, is all it is, and all it is ever going to be.

Enjoy while you can because it is going away all too fast. I am.

I haven't had to put ice on the beer in a good 3 months. Sometime back in Nov I filled the cooler with water threw in a case of beer and let it sit outside. I haven't had to add any ice since. Just let it freeze around the beer and watch the temperature, if it goes below 20 or above 30 the lid goes on and if not leave it off. Walk outside with an ice pick and bust you one out, what could be better?

And another thing, if one imbibes too much - well the best hangover cure is single degree temperatures. I drank a few too many a few days ago, woke up in the morning and it was 5 degree. A half hour outside with no hat will fix that.

Shoveling snow is better than mowing grass any day.

A lot of things to do in January: ATV riding in the snow (blast), chopping wood in the woods (great exercise), drinking (no hangover), plus you can work sunup to sundown. Try any of that stuff in July, all you do is sweat.

I'm going to go out on the back porch and get me an ice cold beer and raise a glass in a toast to the end of a great month. Anybody want to join me?

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Just curious... did your Mom have any kids that were normal?

-Gary

3. chourico

chourico TS Member

I am glad january is gone.I hate being snowed in the house and i want to get back on trap shooting.

4. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

January is the worst month of the year. If you live in the north that is, I imaigne it is rather pleaseant in the south

5. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Always glad to see the end of January. I think it is the longest month. I think the winter will be half over the 4th of this month.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Look at the bright side... one month closer to getting rid of Zero and his cohorts.

7. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Rejoice Bisi!

A few more hours and it'll be February. By Wednesday noon, my neck of the woods is suppose to have a between a foot and 18" of snow. By daylight Thursday morning, it will be a bawlmy six below.

January is a barrel full of giggles but it doesn't get any better than Februay.

sissy

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

What Bisi isn't telling you, is that the end of January means it'll be another whole year before his 2 favorite holidays: Kwanzaa, and Martin Luther King Day.

Why, just the other day, I saw him at the airport, wearing his little Green and Gold fez hat, handing out traditional African crafts and singing gospel songs to the chilluns.

But don't fret, Biss - Black History Month arrives in one minute! So reach back into that Igloo cooler and grab yourself another Colt .45, Dawg - you earned it!

(...I still don't know what that commie has against the Fourth of July).

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, you saw me at the airport and you didn't say hi? You should have came by and we could of went outside and smoked a menthol together. I'm never short of "Newports" or "Colt 45".

I'll be back in Naptown for the summer expo, so maybe we can get together then. Any chance the dates for the summer expo and the Indiana state shoot are the same, this year??

10. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

February sucks, too.

The only reason it's not worse than January is because it has three less days in the month!

11. porky

porky TS Member

When I was a kid I learned how to remember the days in the months.

" 30 days hath September, April, June and November. All the rest have 31 except for January and February, of which each seems to have 60 days each. "

12. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

12" of snow Monday and -9ยบ this morning.
    rickn_2008_170986.jpg

13. porky

porky TS Member

Hey, That looks like me blowing snow at my house and my neighbors

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Aren't tractor cabs w/ heat great!

15. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

As for me,I would rather sweat than shiver.

I remember as a kid I had to listen to those old people bitch about winter.

Now that I'm almost their age I think I know what they were trying to say.

1/4" of ice this morning.

My dogs didn't like it either.

Regards.....Gerald

16. porky

porky TS Member

I've always heard it said that there wasn't anyone as prejudiced as black people. Just something I heard when I was growing up around black people.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

The summer expo and State Shoot have been combined with the Bungee Jumping Nationals. To reduce facility costs, the sponsor, Nordstrom's, has decided to use their parking garage as the venue for all 3.

This has possibilities.

18. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

buzzy, I'm glad to see you got power and made it through the ice storm in Naptown.

I guess you'll be heading down to the state house today and start working again on defeating that natsy "Right to Work" law??

19. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Only month as bad as January is freak'n February!

20. crusha

crusha TS Member

Bisi,

The ice damaged a bunch of our interstate signs...you know, the ones excoriating Marsh supermarkets for being "Scrooge of the Year." So I'm overseeing the contractors fixing that damage. It's slow going with 6 coffee breaks a day, but they're getting there.

Actually, I've had it easy, the Libertarians are carrying the water for defeating the RTW bill! It seems the way they see it, a company has a perfect right to enter into any kind of closed shop agreement they want with a union, and the workers as usual can go to hell. Hey, we'll take any help we can get.

And good news, I got 6 more Starbucks Baristas to sign check cards today...woohoo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.