1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad facts on our economy

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Take the 3:17 to watch the whole thing. They should have had the super committee members removed from office when they couldn't reach an agreement and start over with a new bunch with the same conditions.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VtVbUmcQSuk?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Did anyone REALLY think the liberals would agree to cuts?

Thank goodness the automatic cuts were written into this.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Yea but Brian the cuts come in 2013,they should start in 2012.

That gives Obama and extra year to work on destroying the USA.

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

As usual, they aren't actually cuts, but "reduced increases". I wonder if any of the libs have ever told the truth about anything.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Pat, I'm sure the results would be much better. Their jobs depend on it. :)

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

McDonald's has to balance a budget and remain productive.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Only liberals would call a reduction of increased future spending a "cut".

they really think the electorate is stupid, don't they? (They may be right)

HM

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

HM, Unfortunately I think you may be more right than we realize and that's sad.

9. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Did anyone REALLY think the Republicans would agree to increasing revenue?

Thank goodness the automatic Bush tax cuts were written into this.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving BIO.

blade819

10. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I hope the republicans never agree to a TAX increase. Its like giving an alcoholic beer and assuming its a good thing cause it's not hard liquor.

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Your best years are behind you.....say the Chinese.

We better wake up and soon.

Regards....Gerald

12. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

The Democrats were instructed by pelosi and reid to not to agree to anything and the media would blame the Republicans and it would help for the big eared muslim loving shit heads reelection.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hope the Republicans never ever again fall for agreeing to raise taxes.

History lesson... Daddy Bush said "No new taxes".

Yet, the Demoncraps in congress raised taxes.

When Daddy Bush vetoed them, he got accused by those same Demoncraps of shutting down government, etc.

When Daddy Bush finally caved to keep government running, he wound up being crucified by those same Demoncraps for raising taxes, even though they were the ones who did it.

This is why the Dems figure they are in a win-win situation. If the GOP refuses to raise taxes, they are starving grandma, shutting down government, ad infinitium ad nauseum. But if they agree to raise taxes, they'll get the Daddy Bush treatment.

So in that light, the GOP needs to dig its heels in and say not only HELL NO to new taxes, but CUT ALL SPENDING ACROSS THE BOARD. Cut every existing budget by 10% to start. Everything. No exceptions.

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Brian......it's Thanksgiving. You need to calm down and let's all give thanks for what we do have. huh?

blade819

15. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Spending cuts are make believe, really just a promises to cut increases on future spending.

Tax increases would have been written into law and almost impossible to roll back.

You have to change the law on individual programs, to include money formulas if you want to see real spending cuts. Look how the Dems do health care. They changed the spending formula to send LESS money to hospitals and doctors. The walk in clinic I use announced they are no longer accepting new medicare patients. I assume they lose money on each...

The next thing they are looking to play with is "cost of living" This going to really screw those on SSI.

ADDED:

In the new health care law, Medicare is slashed by $500 billion and growth in Medicare spending is capped to just 1 percent over growth in the overall economy.

Since Medicare typically grows 2 or 3 points more than GDP plus inflation, or at around 7-9 percent annually, seniors lose ground every year.

16. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

blade819
    DITTO!!For the blessings we enjoy and all to often take for granted. (Speaking from experience).

17. stilltrying

stilltrying Member

What is sad is that too many people watch Fox News and nothing else. A recent program on a different channel showed how Congressman and Congresswoman use insider trading to get rich while in Congress. Congress is exempt from the law that puts other Americans in jail--Martha Stewart. They just Shorted stocks and made a killing knowing that the market would drop a few hundred points because they were not going to do anything that would make Obama look effective.( Look up shorting stocks in google.) Although many of the vocal among us are probably wannabes I doubt if they are in the top 1%. So as we push out debt into the future we all should be proud that some other sucker is going to pay for it. I got mine, your kids will have to pay for the two wars so some 1% er can keep a million dollar apartment in New York. Remember our economy got this way because of Wall Street selling junk paper and Congress giving them the tools to do it. Not all the turkeys are going to be in a pot tomorrow.

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

What i don't like is that we borrow money to give it away in foreign aid.

19. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: too many people watch Fox News

Give me a break. Covered on Fox news...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.