1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad, Days get longer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I'm looking outside and it is 5:45 Eastern and there is still plenty of light left. Another 45 minutes anyway, maybe an hour.

Sad.

I really don't look forward toward another year and long days. My happy time is Fall and Winter. You work all year to get to here and it is slippin away. Look at the bennies of winter. Ice cold beer, left out on the back porch. Fireplace roaring. Short days. Feel pride into working till dark. (try that in July).

No ticks, no bugs, no skeeters,(shooters or insects) no grass mowing, no heat and humidity, no yard raking, no weed whacking, etc.......

Give me December and January over July and August any day.

Just hate to see the days get longer and the good times coming to a close.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Maybe we can work out a trade? ;) It's Snowing again here and I love shooting with the rain running out the bottom of my Gortex!

Ajax

3. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

U R a sick man.

4. joneseboy

joneseboy Member

Oh yes, I love shooting trap with it being 11 degrees sleet and ice falling into my face, with 20 mph winds any day over blue sky 80degree days with the birds singing in the morning. I think I will just sit outside in the dark now just with my underware to cheer me up

5. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Bisi, I thought I was the only one! Winter has a beauty all it's own. In fact I just got back from a nice long walk on a cold beautiful night. one of my favorite things to do. I also love grilling out, no bugs! I know everybody has a preference but anything over 70 degrees is too hot for me! Mike.

6. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Howzabout I trade you the whole rest of the year (48 weeks) for the first two weeks of June and the first two weeks of October. Deal?

7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

The guy that invented SNOWMOBILES is my hero!!
    Can't beat an 80 mile ride in subzero temps.

Chuck

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Bisi,..can I suggest developing a taste for Margueritas and Jimmy Buffett tunes..they make summer so much easier to tolerate...just remember rule #1,..no white socks with sandals after Memorial day..or before for that matter : P

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'd rather sweat than shake any day.

Guy Babin

10. shadow

shadow Active Member

Almost NO ONE retires and moves North ! For you guys that love the cold/nasty weather I would recomend a long visit with a SHRINK !!!!!

11. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I retired and moved north! My wife and I are big time snow lovers. Here is a pic of her in the middle of a county road in March. Just a little spring storm. Ya just gotta love the great outdoors! Bill
    slayer_2008_030318.jpg

12. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Winter can be pretty sometimes for sure,..but shooting with a bunch of guys dressed like Michelin men with snot frozen in their mustaches just is a bit of a turn off...come on April!

13. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I prefer summer.

rickn_2008_1709161.jpg

<a href="http://s1268.beta.photobucket.com/user/lfeco2/media/cid_3E29050077DE47FE98B8D1CDA5AF3A7CRickPC_zps7d5e7259.png.html" target="_blank"> cid_3E29050077DE47FE98B8D1CDA5AF3A7CRickPC_zps7d5e7259.png </a>

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Bisi,

To each his own, But it hurts to be cold, it is uncomfortable to be too hot.

15. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Hmm, a young lady with built in flotation devices.

Eric

16. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I love winter too, pictures of it, anything below 80 is intolerable

17. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I agree. The problem with Wisconsin is you get two weeks out of the year that you can have the windows open, and be comfortable. That usually is around the end of September. Otherwise, it is either to cold or, to hot and humid. Humidity is the problem here mostly. Anything over 60 degrees and 70% humidity is uncomfortable for me. You can only take so many cloths off, before you become offensive. You can always dress for cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.