1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SAD DAY IN PACKER LAND!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i have been a packer fan since the age of 10. i lived and died with every win or loss the packers had in the 60's. wisconsin as a whole, loves the packers, and likes to get to know their players. living in wisconsin, we got to know Brett favre, his wife, and his family. i don't really know who is at fault, but this is a sad day for alot of fans. i will always be a packer fan, will always cheerish the memories he gave us. with the jets being in another conference, i will also hope he does well with his new team. it will be hard for his replacement on the packers to be accepted i think. all good things come to an end.
    steve balistreri

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Let the overpaid whiner go.

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Should have stayed retired and avoid this embarrassment.

Oh hell.....let's bring back Bart Starr...or was that Ken Starr???

Curt

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

As a long time Bear fan, we don't care who the Packer quarterback is. We're an equal opportunity quarterback sacker.

5. bb-84

bb-84 Member

DELETED BY MODERATOR

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The only mistake Favre made was not stay retired the first time, and then started with the second, third, forth, fifth, sixth etc. thoughts ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

I've never really had much feeling on Brett either way but the fact that he's been crying fowl like he has been mistreated is just crazy. The fact that the man can't realize what he has been doing to this team for the last four years wavering back and forth between retiring and not retiring just shows us all that he can't see past his own ego.

8. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Favre one the best players in his era, can not realize he is past his value. Except to a team that need publicity not proformance. Sorry to see the hoopla that played out. But he did not have place in Green Bay and maybe not even in the NFL. - Jim

9. Juno

Juno TS Member

Favre is tough as a boot. Should have stayed retired though as things only go downhill. "Aint that right T.O."?
    [​IMG]

10. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

I'm a Bears fan, and traditionally, I'll root for the Bears and anybody who plays the Packers... but I sure feel for the Packer fans today. I think GB made a huge mistake in trading Favre.

11. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

The whole front office of the packers should be fired by the fans [share holders] when that glass princess Aaron Rodgers goes out for the season in game 1 or 2......someones head will need to roll..........

GS

12. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Oh my, when did TO retire? He was in training camp the last I heard.

13. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Steeler Fan in my heart But, I love Brett as a player and respect him. Watch out he may just fool you all. Jets got on heck of a player!!!!

14. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Yes the Jets got a good player with a huge ego. That might not work out too well.

15. Juno

Juno TS Member

[​IMG]
    <br>LiL Dog, you so funny.

16. JH

JH Well-Known Member

The Jets will go 9-7. The Packers will go 7-9. Ted "the cretin" Thompson and Mike "the walrus" McCarthy will be on the "train that left the station." The Cheese will smell for the next 20 years.....Green Bay will be CURSED....BAD KARMA.....BAAAAAD KARMA coming your way, Cheeseheads....You committed a MORTAL SIN......

17. Lyle

Lyle Member

You guys are seriously crazy. The man can still play. Why should he quit doing what he enjoys doing? Would you quit shooting just because you are in your mid 40's?
    Farve can't go to the next shoot if he retires.......there is no more. I say good for him. Go for another 10 years.

Lyle

18. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Evidently, we have has many football scholars as we do trapshooting scholars. Brett Favre is the most "durable quarterback" in the history of the NFL. The only record Favre doesn't own is the Most Consecutive Starts by an "NFL player" which is held by Minn Jim Marshall and Favre is likely to have the record by year end or the 2nd game next year.

As many of you Favre haters haven't been able to come to grips with is for 16 years Brett Favre has played play after play, game after game! How did your home teams QB measure up to that standard over the years? The poor Bear fans have had at least 23 QB's over the same time span and none of them with Favre's talent.

Everyone thought Brett Favre was washed up. The fact is the 2007-2008 season may have been Brett's finest season. He played with a very inexperienced recieving corp and offensive line. The Packers were 13-3 and was an overtime away from the Superbowl. He threw 27 TD's and broke the NFL record in Wins, TD's and Yards. He was also a voted starting QB for the Pro-bowl and Sports Illustrated Football Player of the Year at 38 years old. These are some pretty hefty accomplishments for a team that was picked to finish 8-8.

Putting aside all the accomplishments Brett Favre was his own worst enemy! Packer management gave him an opportunity to come back as late as March of 2008 in which Brett said he was retired. Once this was done the team moved on and built the offense around Aaron Rodgers. No one can blame them for that!

The failure in management is that once Brett indicated he wanted to play was to get him up in Green Bay. General Manager Ted Thompson should have swallowed his pride and got Favre on the first plane to Titletown. Ted Thompson knows the Packers with Favre would likely go 12-4 and or 11-5, with the likelyhood making the playoffs. With Aaron Rodgers as their starter they will be lucky to be 10-6 and that's if Rodgers can stand the pressure of a 16 game season which even the oddsmakers in Vegas are betting heavily against. So did Ted Thompson breech his fiduciary obligation to the owners ( fans ) by not putting the best player on the field? If it's a business, which it football cleary is..Thompson failed to due diligence and should be given his walking papers!

Naysayers, like him or not Brett Favre will go down as one of the greatest playing QB's in NFL history. No one can question his durability and heart for the game! Can you remember a player who played with more personal trajedies and yet showed up for his teammates and the fans?

As a Packer fan, I lived and died every Sunday on the arm of Brett Favre. He was the type of player who made you smile and the next series pull your hair out. But through this run, I wouldn't have had it any other way! I wish Brett, his wife and family the best in the near future.

Rick Brohmer

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A great player, and no one can dispute the many records he set.

But he thought he was more important than he really was, and made a fool of himself.

A bunch of women and 12 year olds just really think the team could switch gears and put BF back in as the starter. Not so since they spent the last 5 months developing their offensive game with the new QB(Favre retired, y'know).

He is doomet to a Reggie white type obscurity in his last years.

My all time favorite player was Jim Taylor. You would see 10 guys in a heap, and the pile would still be jerking forward. He went on to play for another team but He will always be the Best packer ever in my book.

And Bart Starr still sucks.

HM

20. titan79

titan79 TS Member

I recall that a fellow by the name of Joe Montana ended up in Kansas City for a few seasons when he was "past his prime". Seemed to help a team that needed a blue chip QB at the time. (Heck, KC still needs help). Kind of think that the Jets will benefit with Favre like Chiefs did with Montana. A championship mindset is great for young players and coaches alike and it won't hurt the fans one bit either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.