1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad day for Seal Team 6

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Garry, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Active Member

As a former Army helicopter pilot/instructor I don't understand why our military leaders would allow 22 members from Seal Team 6, our most elite Seal Team, to be on one chopper. My heart and prayers go out to their families.

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

What happened? Been gone for 2 days.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Click above and read.

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Prayers and Condolences to their family and their Brothers and Sisters in uniform.

Semper Fi

5. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Budget pobably won't allow for more helos.....God Bless them all...

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

They were from the same unit but not the ones who killed Bin Laden. Still a sad story.

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

Seal Team 6 is a very, very large unit.

When you are going to hit an objective at night, you use as few helo's as is practical and you want to hit quickly with max impact so you concentrate your assets.

The bigger question may well be ... has the command structure in the area fallen in love with using Seals (maybe for the publicity) when other troups might do as well. U.S.Army Ranger's come to mind as do the various Airborn units using helos.

A life lost is a life lost no matter what outfit or Branch of the Service but the Seal's may best be used for other "high-value" missions.

Condolences to those the fallen have left behind. God bless them all.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

That's a tragedy, what the hell are we doing in that shit hole anyway? Can't they learn from history, Afgans live like rats they don't care about anything, and it seems no one has been able to whip them yet, why don't we just nuke their asses and be done with it

Oh I forgot we would be killing the POTUS's brothers

9. capulona

capulona TS Member

This is the country that sent Alexander the Great home, beat and bloodied the British at the height of their power, kicked the crap out of the Soviets and inflicted the scourge of heroin addiction on the entire army.

The question is - what are we trying to achieve in Afghanistan? I guess we have a short collective memory. I still remember the policies that led the US to Vietnam.

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I'm not going to speculate on what happen and if/or what went wrong - we will never really know all the intricacies. We will hear from some of the bereaved family members in the distant future, I'll wager that.

My single abiding thought is to the families and men of the team.

My wrenching concern is the same as Catpower; what the Hell are we still doing there? Afghan's are proud of their "Destroyer of Kingdoms" title. They are like rats in NYC, no matter what you do they are still there infesting all who pass by.

My warrior's intuition keeps asking - what the Hell was Team 6 doing there after Ben Laden? The lack of character in NObama and Panetta will cause me to question this tragedy for the remainder of my days.

Our most sincere condolences and the prayers of the Kipling family to all of Seal Team 6.

Kip

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

The team that took out Osoma is all gone now? I can only hope it's CIA disinformation, if not I would be wondering who tipped off the rag heads? It reeks greatly of Pakistan saving face from the Osama killing on their land.

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It was Seal Team 6 but according to the nightly news, it was not the same members that took out Osama. Still heartbreaking none the less. Pray for their families.

13. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"My warrior's intuition keeps asking - what the Hell was Team 6 doing there after Ben Laden? The lack of character in NObama and Panetta will cause me to question this tragedy for the remainder of my days."

Well it didn't take long for someone to blame POTUS and SECDEF LMAO Geez, tell us genius, so you think POTUS and SECDEF sit there everyday, micromanaging every military operation that is executed worldwide, dictating how many personnel to use, how many air/land/sea assets to employ, etc. etc. ? There is a reason why there is a rank structure in the military and it's not to have pretty little designs of stripes, bars, and stars to wear as a fashion statement.

14. R.Kipling

Neil,

You're obviously not old enough to remember Satellite phones and direct-authorization calls to CnC-Washington that went on in the field during Viet Nam. You also are oblivious to the fact that most of the current theater drone attacks are flown from control centers far outside the TAO's.

You're also ignorant of centuries old command and tactics, and hearts and minds sysops considerations. You also didn't comprehend the meaning behind all the photo ops of the Prez and his team glued to real-time monitors during the Bin Laden ops. (here's a hint - think Memphis Bell, you may have seen the movie?)

It's a shame that you can't comprehend what you try to read, either. You are a Dung Beetle, please keep stuffing your face with that warm pile of $hit your Masters provide for you. They are grateful for your sustained ignorance.

I don't expect any intelligent thought from you, so it's no loss. I've wasted my last click on you, also.

IME,
    Kip

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

obviously another "armchair expert commando" who thinks the movies that shows POTUS talking directly to the sniper in the field that is about to take out the bad guy is actually how things work in the military. Well I guess folks who didn't serve have to dream up fantasy crap to satisfy their egos one way or another...

16. R.Kipling

For all you other more intelligent and reasonable people out there this is a start on discovering POTUS capabilities. I'm sure that your reading comprehension is better, also.

Those of us who have actually worn a uniform, and know how to arrange our campaign and award ribbons might be amazed at how advanced our military net has become.

Check out the web site URL I have included. Plenty more where this comes from.

in case the web address gets too long > http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/144545/20110512/the-white-house-rare-pictures-situation-room-pres-lyndon-b-johnson-barack-obama-president-regan-geao.htm

Kip

"News Stories in Big Pictures and Photos from
    the IBTimes View Sample ยป

Photos: Rare pictures of the White House Situation Room
    By IBTimes Staff Reporter | May 12, 2011 05:04 AM EDT

Get a glimpse of some very rare photos of the White House Situation Room below where some of the most crucial decisions in history have been taken.

The room was created in 1961 by then US President John F. Kennedy to monitor and deal with crises within the country and even abroad and to conduct secure communication with outside persons. The 5000 sq-foot conference room is well-equipped with secure, advanced communication equipment for the President to maintain command and control of U.S. forces around the world.

The room is staffed by a number of senior officers from various sectors of the US intelligence agencies who work on a 24-hour basis, constantly monitoring world events and keeping senior White House staff apprised of significant events."

17. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

The important thing to remember is that we lost 30 of our very best and dedicated American patriots.

The Seal community is a small a very tight knit group and among those team 6 is the best of the best. Other than what is put out by official sources most information out in the public is speculation and fiction, including that article in the New Yorker. These guys can't talk about their operations, we won't know the real story of the Osama killing for years.

18. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Kip, put on a uniform for once in your life...and the uniform of the Salvation Army does not count. Blaming POTUS and SECDEF on the death of 30 US military personnel over the weekend just shows what incompetence you have for understanding how the military chain of command works...and shows how lame you are.

19. thunder

thunder Active Member

It was very sad news when we lost 31 American soldiers and 7 Afghan ops. Our prayers to all the fallen hero's families and friends. May our brave soldiers who gave their all rest in peace. God Bless

20. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Our local news stated today that the helo was on a rescue ?ission, they did not say if it was hit outbound or inbound from its base..was hit by one RPG..."the Golden BB", if u will.....been all over the news here in San Diego, home of Seal Teams 1 and 3, the ofcourse, the main school.....

Lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.