1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sad day at a gun show

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

When something like this happens it's a sad day for all of us. Doug's work is known the world over, and to have this happen to his display while in a secured building is unthinkable. Just asking people to keep their eyes open...

Dave in SC

Turnbull Restoration Firearms Stolen
    from Dallas Safari Club Gun Show

January 28, 2010

Bloomfield N.Y. – Doug Turnbull Restoration had a display case of collectible pistols stolen from the Dallas Safari Club's Gun Convention in Dallas on January 8, 2010.

The entire locked display case containing the firearms was stolen overnight while the convention hall was closed to all visitors and vendors. Convention security was in place at the time of the incident. Dallas Police and the U.S. Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) department were immediately notified and are investigating the theft.

Doug Turnbull Restoration is world renown in the gun communities for the faithful and accurate restoration of vintage firearms; and their guns are sought after and prized by collectors worldwide. The stolen pistols are valued at $20,000.

Below are the gun descriptions and serial numbers (s/n) for the stolen guns:

Colt 1902 .38 ACP s/n 40760
    Colt 1911 .45 ACP s/n 474114
    Colt 1911 s/n 315222
    Ruger Vaquero revolver 4 5/8 inch barrel .44 Special s/n 520
    Turnbull Mfg. Open Range revolver 5 1/2 inch barrel .45 Colt s/n 104
    Turnbull Mfg. Open Range revolver 4 3/4 inch barrel .45 Colt s/n 130
    Anyone with details about the stolen firearms are asked to contact the Dallas Police, the ATF or Doug Turnbull Restoration.

To view the stolen guns go to the web site below

About Doug Turnbull Restoration

Doug Turnbull Restoration is world renown for the faithful and accurate restoration of vintage firearms using the same processes and techniques used by the original gun makers. In addition to custom work and gun upgrades, Doug Turnbull Restoration also works closely with several gun manufacturers to recreate vintage replica firearms.
    Doug Turnbull Restoration is headquartered in Bloomfield, N.Y. 14469 USA. For more information, contact them at 585-657-6338 or visit www. turnbullrestoration.com

2. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...inside job. FBI/BATF will find the cracker-asses that did this.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Or a Mexican who "accidently" left a door open for his posse to come through

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

Calvin - ;^) OR something like it.

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...hopefully there are video cameras at some key location that will give a clue as to who.

6. AOWINNER

AOWINNER TS Member

It is a sad day when people steriotype others. Mexicans are not the only thieves in this world. Too bad prejudice is still alive in this wonderful country.

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Yes but most Mexicans (Wetbacks) Have already broken the law or they would still be the Mexico ??

8. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

wait around those hatians will be living off the old usa tit before long. fre medical, a place to live for free...and they will probley get a check in the mail each month and will never have to work.

9. CalvinMD

I lived in Texas ,..went to that same gun show many times as it was two blocks from the hospital I worked at...The illegal olive skinned non indigenous populants who also found the event attractive were constantly trying to straw purchase...present false ID...were scouring the parking areas for potential firearms to borrow without authorization....no less than 100 vehicle break-ins per 3 day event.. thats per my very good DPD Sargeant friend....most of the thieves were just bored..looking for something to get into while waiting for their wives to drop a new citizen whose birth was covered on our dime...then given all the charity they could handle......I'm being polite..but y'all know where you can put your PC....You have no idea of the battle until you've been in the trenches..gang drug violence on full moon Fridays had the ER hopping with knifing and shooting victims being hauled in wearing cuffs at a pace quick enough to fill a Greyhound bus every couple hrs.... no mercy here...patch em up ..pack em up and send their butts back home across the river

10. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

The local police dept. sleeps inside the building at the gun shows in my area. At least 3 officers spend all weekend inside. Not a bad idea...Larry Lockhart

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I find it to be a stretch that the place would not be guarded with anything worth that amount of money and more ... Something is FISHY in Dallas, thats for damn sure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

The best book i have ever read on the subject is State Of Emergency by Patrick Buchanan. I highly recommend this book if you are at all concerned about illegal immigration. It will scare the crap out of you but is very informative. Just FYI

13. CalvinMD

Dallas used to be a place that you could park your car with the engine running..and not a soul would touch it...great people Texans and most Texicans too...the rest are just illegal trash

14. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Stupidity and bigotry are not virtues nor are they patriotic.

jim brown

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Quote:

Stupidity and bigotry are not virtues nor are they patriotic.

Unquote

Jim Brown...obviously you do not live in the middle of the situation...otherwise, you would see it differently!

16. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Actually I am now in southern Arizona. From where I have been spending my winters the border is about 6 miles south. Still think you are closer to reality than I am?

jim brown

17. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's probably going to turn out to be some white guy, hiring illegals to supply his collection...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.