1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SACRAMENTO TRAP @ SACRAMENTO VALLEY SHOOTING CENTE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimbotrap, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

As many of you know the Sacramento Trapshooting Club was closed over a year ago.

This comming Sunday (April 13) we will be hosting a non-registerred shoot at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. The event will consist of 50 singles, 50 Handicap and 25 pairs of doubles. Shoot all or part.

For Northern California shooter please assist us by attending. This is a trial shoot to determine if future shoots are in the best interest of both.

There are 5 traps and 4 with new Pat Traps. We put our voice call systems on each. Join us for a little fun and enjoyment. Thanks - Jim Elliott

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jim..... I'm sorry I won't be able to attend as I am committed to the Medford shoot in Oregon this weekend. I wouldn't miss it, otherwise. I want to encourage everyone that can attend to do so. We desperatly need to support the Sacramento club to not only survive, but to rise up out of the ashes, so to speak. Good luck with all the events, Jim. I hope it's a great success and well attended......Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Where is the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center? What time will this start and what are the fees?

Thanks.

4. Guy

Guy Member

Take 160 past Rancho Murietta, right on Ione Road, right on Meiss Road, can't miss it.

Starts 10am. $12/event.

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thanks, I wasn't familiar with this club. Appreciate the info.

6. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

Sounds nice; but since I live about 7 miles North of Coon Creek that's quite a drive. Wishing SACRAMENTO TRAP @ SACRAMENTO VALLEY SHOOTING CENTER all the best.

7. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

trackerdan - If you take 65 to Roseville then Douglas to Sunrise south to
    Hwy 16 then east to Ione Road and right to Meiss Road, you find it about 55 miles. Not that far. Good fun shoot and great assistance to both clubs. Please attend if you can. - Jim

8. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

9. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT. Jim, Best wishes on your shoot.. Dave

10. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Thanks Dan and Dave. Really appreciated. We hope it turns out well. Sure it will. - Jim

11. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Jim Just curious...you never e-mailed me and let me know if you got your trophy....sure would be nice to know....thanks Kym

12. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Kym - I misplaced you email address. Yes I did receive it. Greatly appreciated. Thank you. - Jim

13. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Good....thanks Kym

14. zap

zap TS Member

I , at the risk of being flogged at this sight would like to know what in the hell you are thinking with this shoot. Therer is no way , based on its location that anyone that still works could ever get there to shoot a league . We would like to see a full accounting of the money in the treasury and what has been spen and for what, along with where are the rest of the equipment etc. what the hell is your thought process, the sight is way to far for the normal person to stop by after work to shoot or to participate in league shoots????

15. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Dearest Nitro. The alternative is not to shoot at all. Maybe the facility is far for you, but there are a lot of members that live in the Southern Part of Sacramento. All other information has been given members, I believe of which you are not. Come out and give it a try, maybe you might enjoy yourself for a change. - Jim

16. zap

zap TS Member

Jim I always enjoy myself when I shoot. Its just that this exercise is silly when all the folks and members remember what it was like to have the club centrally located. LEAGUE SHOOTING IS A VERY BIG PART OF ANY CLUB!!And i would suggest that the location of this faciliaty is way out of the way to entice a good turn out of shooters. Further, I noticed you failed to provide an accounting of the clubs funds and where they have been spent precisely, anf for exactly what?? along with an accounting of the equipment that was retained???

and for your information I joined the club initially in 1962, I dont think you were there then, could be wrong?? In any event, I am the biggest supporter of efforts to re establish the club but in all honesty you, and the other cronies need to take a step back at this point and develope some new tallent to persue the clubs future. if you really care about the future of trap shooting in the sacto area. Weall seen thus far how affective the board has been. get a grip if you really care , if not just go on with your futile efforts as your legascy will long be remembered.

17. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Nitro - And accounting was given at our last membership meeting. All equipment retained in stored in 2 40 foot containers we purchased. As to the relocation. If you would like to put up 1.5 million dollars we would be able to relocate. If you knew anything about land values and cost to mitigate land you would not make comments such as yours.

We would all love to have our old lacation, or one as well located. But alas that is not possible. We have not made any commitments only trying a shoot to see what it is like for membership etc. - Jim

18. HANGFIRE

HANGFIRE Member

"Got to shoot with Dan Thome Sr., what a neat guy".--- donq you met the best of the best

19. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I think you will find Dan, Sr. just turned 84...even more impressive, he generally shoots more than his age. He is a great guy.

JON

20. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

We had a great shoot. Over 50 shooters. A little trouble with voice calls, but remember most had been in storage for 1 1/2 years. We changed them out as fast as we could. I watched some shooters with problems and they were shooter induced. Calling to quick for the reset in pat's, and calling low or soft. But by and large worked really great. Target were very visable and we had some good scores. 50/50 in singles and handicap and several 49's in doubles.
    For others that may have been at the shoot or have shot the facility I would appreciate you comments. Please email at above email. - Jim Elliott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.