1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento Trap - lead reclaiming proceeds?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ffwildcat, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Jim Elliot, if you're out there please answer.

Is there any truth to the rumor that the proceeds from the recent lead mining at the grounds of the former Sacramento Trap Club go directly to the mining company and the Trap Club gets zero?

2. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

This is interesting, Northwest shot located in Medford Or. was PAID "88,000"$$$$ to mine the shot???Well if this is the case then they will now have plenty of cash to pay the $25,000 fine that was levied against them by the state of Or.Therefore they should not jack the price up on the Reclaimed shot,Or how much do you want to bet this will be one excuse they use to drive the price up!!They mine the shot at our club and take 60% of the lead right off the top,Then we pay them $7.00 a bag to have it redropped and delivered back to us.I don't have the figures as to what it cost's them to do the work but the current market price is a factor.If anyone can add to this please do, I do make mistakes and some of this is hearsay. PJ

3. gotbass

gotbass Member

I missed the part about the miner being Northwest. Sacramento is not too smart as I suspect that Larry would have mined it just for the lead. If your club gets 40% and shot at 7bucks a bag, charge 17 a bag now way under market and make $10 a bag for the club. Every one wins.

4. JWL

JWL TS Member

Strange!!!!! West Coast Shot could not mine shot for the Sacramento Trapshooting Club when they controled the property due to California Environmental Laws (dust control). City of Sacramento seems to be able to work under their own rules and laws. Some more of your liberal government at work.

5. Dr. Ron

Dr. Ron Member

Northwest is NOT mining the lead at the Sacramento Gun Club.

6. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

AS I stated above This was "HEARSAY" Dr; Would you please tell us WHO is mining the old club???? PJ

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

If your story is true, you got screwed on shot reclaiming. Our club gets 40% of the value of the lead recoverd, and the reclaimer gets 60%. He gets no other payment.

8. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

ffwilcat, poacherjoe, jwl and racerx and any other interested parties. I just returned from Kingsburg. Let me answer your question as best I can.

First of all the City of Sacramento owned the property. They would not extend our lease. We went to court and the City prevailed. By court order they demaned we vacate the property.

We did not have any time to do a complete mining, although we did recover some lead that will be processed and either redroped and sold or sold as is. Which ever produces the best return to the club.

All members of our club were advised of all information relating to our negotiations with the City and other important items. An open meeting was held and we answered as best we could all questions.

There were never any behind the scenes negotiation or deals or any thing other than what disclosed in full to the members that attended our last membership meeting.

There were never any offers from the State of California of any type of assistance whatsoever.

The City of Sacramento advised we might be able to use a property they owned at the old Sacramento Army Depot. We veiwed the property, which was only 10 acres. There was no viable way we could use that property. That is the only offer we have ever received from any one. We are however working with a couple of governmental agencies in the hope a new site can be obtained. Personally I truly believe we will be successful, however it will be some time.
    Tasks like this take time, patience and money.

As to the current mining of the property. As stated above the property belongs to the City of Sacramento. (We had not further rights to enter the property for any reason whatsoever). The City of Sacrament hired a company by the name of Lead Reclamation Services. I believe it is either owned or at least operated by a gentlemen by the name of Fred Wooldridge. they are located in Brownsville, CA and I have their address and phone number. I also only have conversation about what the contract between them and the City so I cannot state what that agreement included.

I continually hear rumors like a couple of you have posted above. I and all the other board members are insulted by incorrect statements. If you really
    want information state your name. Or you can call or email me or any other member of the board. My cell phone is (916) 806-3982 and my email is posted above. All other board members phone numbers and email addresses are posted on our web site: www.sacramentotrap.com. If you want to become involved advise us of what you have to offer. We are and have always been open to help and/or assistance. - Jim Elliott, President, Sacramento Trapshooting Club.

9. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Old Trapshooting grounds taken by the government are sometimes just let go back to nature. In 1949 the Spokane Gun Club was moved off Ft. Wright grounds and a recent visit showed the land about the way it looked when the Indians were running the property.

10. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

I WISH the sac trap club grounds were being reverted to a natural state. but no, we get a car dealership instead. beautiful.
    thanks for clarifying the situation guy and jim. i figured as soon as we got the eviction notice that the lead mining was a bust. what's the lead time on an operation like that? weeks, months?

11. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Racerx - We would love to have a site at the old Army Depot. But the site they showed us was only 660 feet deep. If you have any knowledge whatsoever about this sport you would know we need a much deeper site. The old site was 20 acres, but is was also configured in a manner that allowed the full complement of 10 traps.

For your information, if you were at that meeting, you should recall I attempted to answer any and all questions. I also stated at that time that any person could call me at any time if they had any questions.

I do not know why I should bother to answer any person that does not have the courage of his/her convictions to post their name. In my personal opinion it is detrimental to all those that have worked for the betterment of the sport. - Jim Elliott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.