1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento "Trap Club"

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zap, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zap

zap TS Member

Sacramento

As it must be obvious, this is directed at the idiots that reportedly still run whats left of the Sacto Trap Club, Fot those that used to enjoy shooting at the former club, when in the hell wil you learn that the powers in force at the time of its demise and well previously to it were idiots. Sure its easy for anyone, in hindsight to critizise what happened and the end result was no doubt destined to be however the "board" misslead its members and did not do them any favors by acting the way they did.

In any event, its past history know and the club is now long gone. why in the hell does the existing club and shooters still allow the existing board to run the supposed show.

boot their asses out and get a fresh group in there thats solely interested in getting and establishing the club in its heritage and history and actively work to establish a new venue.

the old guard served its purpose i suppose but in order to bring new life to the sport and the history of the club you need to elect new, enthused folks that will work at it not make excuses.

in my opinion and i know its probably worth zero, but jim elliott was and remains the clubs worse problem.

think back to how mant times he (board) made statements that lead most to believe the club had a future . (uh where is it now)

I fully know i wil get a rash from elliot and others but the reality is what do you have now, nothing.

no league shoots to get together with friends, no friendly competition, ets.

the entire situation was misshandled from the start with the belief that the club due to its heritage was infalable to being lost . well where is it now.

Sure the cost now to start from scratch is probably prohibitive, as mr elliot suggested to me recently that i put up a million or so to establish a new club.

Actually i could do that however, i would have to have written assurance that neither he nor his cronies wouls ever show their faces there.

I have no intention in doing so as i have better places for my dollars however had this been handled properly from the very onset, it is highly likely there would be some venue to use now. sure this is speculation however there was a window to work with until the board took a undefendable position on the former club and lost all ability to negotiate. Sacramento calif has always been in the lime light as far as a premier trap shootin facility.

come on folks demand a change for the better and make the effort to establish a new and possibly better club. the sport as a whole needs it badly and for those shooters out there who miss the old venue ask yourself what really happened and what can you do now to help .

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Sacramento

I don't know you nor Jim Elliot or the operation at Sacramento, but unless you stood in Jim Elliot's shoes 24/7, you have no clue what actually happened.
    Concretely prove Jim Elliot wantonly mislead the membership and negligently handled whatever negotiations were held, then you've got something; otherwise he gets the benefit of the doubt for stepping up and giving of his time and effort to save STC.

It disappointing that STC did not get the result they hoped for - maybe there was never any real chance - the deals were sealed, BUT it takes real effort, not some idealized retroactive vision to retain membership, while negotiating survival on a battle front...

Saving a club is a monumental task - been there, done that.

Its apparent you don't like Jim Elliot, get past that - he probably did everything possible within his power to save the club. When the deck is stacked against you, you play the best hand you're dealt. Be a part of the future solution - stop piling more crap on those guys who stepped up to make a difference.

Jay Spitz

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Sacramento

I had occasion to drive by the old site of the STC yesterday. It is a crying shame to see that it has been back filled and paved over. Construction of the car dealership is well underway. The real crime is the loss of comradarie with some of the finest trap shooters and citizens of a time gone by. Many of these gentleman cannot drive the 40 miles to the site most of us go to for practice. The impact of the "small town politics" that killed our club is pathetic, but in reality a fate facing any club situated in a growing metropolitian area. Finding a location suitable for a new club in Sacramento is a daunting if not impossible task.

Regarding the membership of the STC staging some type of mutiny and therefore solving all problems regarding restarting the club, nonsense. While membership numbers are probably not easily gotten, or at best, suspect, my best guess is that there is no sizeable membership left. Those that held "life" membership are undoubtly the core, but that number is probably insignificant when it comes to funding a start up facility.

I have given up any disagreement with officers of the old club. They are just trap shooters now and we all go and shoot when and were we can. I do miss the setting, the friends and the availability of the old club. Time stands still for no man...beware.

Jon Schorle, Sacramento, CA

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Sacramento

Nitro - You have and/or were not a member of the Sacramento Trapshooting Club for the past 10 years or so that I have been involved.

As to your comment you could put up a million dollars to restart the club, rest assured, if you were to do so I would be more than happy to resign and turn everything over to you. I believe all other board members would do likewise. We really need a genius like you to step forward. Put you money and knowledge instead of your mouth to use.

If you have something to say to me or any other member of the current BoD we will all be at the upcoming Winter Chain shoot to be held at Coon Creek the
    weekend of May 3rd & 4th.

Respectfully - Jim Elliott

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Sacramento

I go to a lot of clubs and I see many things that could or should be changed but I say nothing. It is best that way. It takes a lot more than people realize to run one and you cannot satisfy all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sacramento trap club