1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento Trap Club 09

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chiefjon, Dec 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I just got a flyer for a Jan 1st trap shoot sponsored by the Sac Trapshooting Club. It went on to announce "our new location" = the Cordova Shooting Center. I am working in So. Cal. and out of the loop. Who is running the club? What is the nature of relationship with Cordova and what shooting is available on a regular basis? I think any location is better than none, I guess, but Cordova has not always been a trap friendly or for that matter "friendly" club at all. Fill me in...please.

Jon Schorle

2. trappug

trappug TS Member

cordova shooting center ?

3. trappug

trappug TS Member

Details ?

4. don q

don q TS Member

I heard it was a 50/50/50 club shoot on New Years Day.

5. zap

zap TS Member

The reality is the Sacto Trap Club no longer exists. Anyone that sends money for dues or other items is throwing their money away. The proposed shoot
    is not a registered shoot, the facilities , in a word suck, and it is just another effort for the former board to string folks along thinking that the club is still a viable group.

If you are a serious shooter and really miss the old club as i do then i would suggest you confront Mr. Elliott in person and find out where the assets went and why there is possibly a debt???

As I have said several times before , I started shooting at the old club in or around 1963 and i miss it dearly.

There will be the normal flack from the former cronies of Elliott reguarding my post however i seriously suggest you take a good hard look at what is left of the club and its assets and start to ask some legitmate questions if you reall y want to know.

Face it folks there is no Sacramento Trap Club any longer , it is truly sad but its the reality. please dont get sucked into thinking otherwise

6. zap

zap TS Member

Where is Mr. Elliott in this brief discussion. Looking for a place to live ?? Or trying out how to get more money on the old club card??? It appears Mr. Elliott has taken a brief refuge somewhere, however im sure his cronies have helped along the way. Merry christmass Mr. Elliott hope your days are bright and full of life . Dont want to see anyone down and out however have you ever heard the saying " what goes around , comes around> Honestly i wish you the very best in your life but please get the helll out of the sacto club business due us all a favor and pay your bills and go away!!!!!!

7. Guy

Guy Member

The Sacramento Trap Club will continue operation at the Cordova Shooting Center and Jim Elliott is no longer president.

We are having a "Fun Shoot" on New Years day and the trophies are club memberships for 2009.

50 singles, 50 hdcp, 50 doubles.

Cordova is adding 2 new fields to accomodate our shoots.

Come check it out!

Guy Hungerford, Director, Sac Trap

8. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

What a way to start the new year...I am going to agree with Guy Hungerford. The Sac Trap Club has too rich a history and potential to just let it go away. I am not in town and I will not be able to make the shoot, but I certainly wish them well. I will try the new location when I am back in No. Cal. Thanks to all who responded. I did get an ear full on the private message side. In my business we have a saying, "an Adam Henry is an Adam Henry forever". Truer words were never spoken re: Jim Elliott...Glad he is gone.

JON

9. zap

zap TS Member

I too am glad to learn that Mr. Elliott is "gone" but what did he leave with??
    I wish the existing club all of the best as it truly has too much history to just go by the way side.

I really hope that a new board will be installed and that they work for the club and the sport , not their self egos.

Can someone really in the know explain to us just what (if anything) Mr. elliot did with the funds and the club credit card>??

I think all the former and current members have a right to know exactly what happened.

Also where is all of the clubs memoribilia, traps, and other assets .

looking forward to a difinitive answer and "GO CLUB"

10. don q

don q TS Member

11. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

TTT

I have a self interest, living south of Sacramento. I made "shooting" up to Sacramento a priority, just in time for the club to close. I just started back in the sport, and felt somehow responsible for the old club closing. I would love for a new club to start up in the south area.

12. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

13. Guy

Guy Member

Gentlemen: There is plenty enough dirty laundry to go around here.....so if you are not a member (and there aren't any except Life Members and Directors), or did not attend the annual meeting, why ask questions on this site?

If you want to know something, call a Director. I can be reached days at 916-444-3454 Guy Hungerford, Director, Sac Trap

14. trackerdan

trackerdan Member

I thought that I saw postings here awhile back that said the Sacto. Trap club had moved to Ione?

Well Cordova sounds like a better spot to me. Hope all goes well.

I was introduced to Trap shooting at the old club just a couple years before it closed.

Wasn't it the City of Sacramento that forced the shutdown of the facility for their brand new vacant automall that sits on the premesis now? That's all I see there when I drive by on my way to Skip's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.