1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sacramento CA, "stock guru" wanted!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by truthseeker, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I really need some help!

I let my son pick out some wood online for his birthday (May 31) to have put on his Perazzi as a graduation present from high school. I am getting worried that it won't be ready for his birthday.

I bought a inletted stock and forearm and had a guy locally do the stock and forearm "fit to metal" with the fitting measurements (i.e. LOP, cast, etc...) to my son.

I am trying to find someone that is within 2 hours of Sacramento, CA that I can take it to have the final sanding, the finish, and the checkering put on it, since I don't want to have to ship it to someone.

Anyone have any recommendations (local or not)?

Thanks!

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Sacramento CA,

Theres a gunsmith at Lake Comanche and also a Stockmaker in

Stockton. Will try and get names for you.

Try and Google "Stockmaker" in CA.

Mike C.

3. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Sacramento CA,

Try Ed Aubert - pronounced O-BEAR - in Suisun City. 707-426-6571. One of the very best in the country.

Mike Mann

4. Prescott Gene

Prescott Gene Member

Sacramento CA,

Ed Aubert does some of the finest stockwork in the country! His checkering is hard to beat!He also works with the shooter to get the stock dimensions just right! Been doing it a long time!

If you talk to him, tell I said "Hello"!

Gene Ricci

5. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Sacramento CA,

There is a stockmaker, American Stocks...or something like that, in Yuba City, Also, Kevin....can't remember his name, but he is at most of the Coon Creek Shoots, lives in El Dorado, does inlet and finishing work, I believe.

JON

6. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Sacramento CA,

Mike and Gene, thank you, I will call him tommorrow!!

7. Guy

Guy Member

Sacramento CA,

Forget Eddie and his stupid prices.....and the stocker at Commanche is proud of his work also. Make a run to Reno next week for the Golden West Grand.....go see John Fittinger (Stocker John). He will be in the trailer with Giacomo. Great work....decent prices.....reasonable turnaround.

8. don q

don q TS Member

Sacramento CA,

Chiefjon: That would be Kevin Atkinson in El Dorado. Ph# 1-530-620-7285. He does great comb work also. don q

9. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

Sacramento CA,

I've had some work done by Rodney Shimamoto in Lodi. Reasonable price, fast turn around, and he even delivered it to me while I was at a shoot at Coon Creek. Rodney Shimamoto, 518 Palm Ave, Lodi, CA 95240, 209-369-0998.

Bob K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kevin atkinson gunsmith