1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Send it back to Smith and Wesson they will fix it for you probably under warranty.

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

My M18 K-22 was the same way, but the problem was ammo related. This gun handles anything from CCI and Federal without a hitch but Winchester and most Remington ammo results in difficult extraction. Didn't matter clean or fouled and the chambers appear to be nicely polished.

My solution was and is stick to CCI and Federal ammo. If you haven't done so already, try some CCI mini-mags.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Chuck an old bore brush wrapped with 0000 steeel wool in an electric drill and polish the chambers. HMB

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Seems to be common to that model. My wife has a Model 63 I bought her in 1982. The chambers work ok for a couple of cylinders then get tight as they get fouled.

Sweet shooting gun, though. Very accurate.

5. Claysmoke27

Claysmoke27 Member

I had an early 63... same thing.
    22s are great in a lot of semi pistols, but revolvers and arent the best match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.