1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W Model 66 Holster

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by soup, Aug 27, 2013.

1. soup

soup Member

0   0   0

FOLKS ,
    Looking for a holster in nice condition for a S&W - Model 66 Stainless - 4 inch - revolver .

Thank you in advance for looking .

Semper Fi,

Soup

2. eastcoastshooter

eastcoastshooter Member

0   0   0

I HAVE A POLICE HOSLTER WITH BELT IF YOU ARE STILL LOOKING I'LL TRY TO UPLOAD SOME PICTURES?

3. soup

soup Member

0   0   0

Still Looking !!!

4. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Get yourself a Bianchi #5B. Midway has them for $50. Excellent quality, looks great, holds the gun securely and very comfortable even when sitting.

You won't save much buying used.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The Bianchi 5HBL is a nice holster for the money but like all thumb break holsters, it will not accommodate an S&W target hammer. I use a Lobo Gun Leather Tom Threepersons-style holster with a safety strap.

averaged_2008_030341.jpg

Lobo holsters are made to fit more closely than Bianchi's (their #5 fits both K and L-frame guns) but if ordered for an L-frame S&W like the one in the photo, the same Lobo holster will also fit K-frames like your 66 very nicely and you'll be set for either frame size. All Lobo holsters come in a variety of colors; that one, with a soft smooth leather lining, was $82.00 shipped to me.

Ed

6. eastcoastshooter

eastcoastshooter Member

0   0   0

eastcoastshooter_2013_040140.jpg

eastcoastshooter_2013_040141.jpg

eastcoastshooter_2013_040142.jpg

Here is like new Jay Pee holster set up I'll take 85.00 plus shipping.
    Belt fits me at40/42 waist looks like it will go down to 38/36 waist up
    to 48/50 waist. the pistol does not go it's a S&W 66.

7. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If that Model 66's rear sight is stainless steel as it appears to be, that's a rare and valuable Model 66! As you probably know, only the first few (something like 300?) no-dash 66s had them; they changed to more visible black rear sights soon after your gun was made.

If that IS a no-dash 66 with a stainless sight, get the original checkered target stocks back on it and get it out of that holster and into your safe!

Ed

8. eastcoastshooter

eastcoastshooter Member

0   0   0

Ed Thanks for information, I have only had this gun a few yrs. Id on gun is
    MOD.66 o or D looks like to me, where can I get more information?
    Thanks again.

9. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

There is a very informative book entitled Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson 3rd Edition available on Amazon.com and other sites. It list almost every detail about every S&W model ever made including rifles and shotguns. The prices listed are not correct in these times but the information is very good. In fact, S&W had a huge computer crash in 1994 that cost them all their records and for everything before that date, they reply upon the SCoSW.

One piece of information that anyone owning an S&W handgun needs is an explanation of the dash numbers that are added to a gun's model number when engineering changes are made. For example, a Model 66 with no dash number is a first design, a 66-1 would be a second design that includes the first engineering changes and so forth. The book details what every engineering change consisted of.

Ed

Search tags for this page

leather holster for s&w model 66 6 inch

leather holsters for sw 686 4 inch

s&w mod 66 holster

s&w model 28 holsters

s&w model66-1

smith and wesson k frame holster

smith and wesson model 28 holsters

western style sw 686 holster