1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W Mod 29 8 3/8 barrel Nickel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by showdawg, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

I have a Mod 29 Smith, 8 3/8 " barrel in Oak presentation box with tools, nickel gun. 29-2 so it is earlier gun, but very nice, mostly sat in safe. Thinking of selling to help finance trap gun. Anyone know what these are bringing?? What should I ask??

Showdawg

2. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

After you come up with a price please contact me direct, Thanks Josh jdlovejoy4@yahoo.com 330-705-8757

3. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

The 29th Edition of Fjestad's Blue Book of Gun Values shows that a Model 29-2 w/mahogany case and 100% to have a value of $800 and to add $12 for 8 3/8" barrel and add $11 for nickel finish.

Hope this helps.

Allen

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The last one I seen sell like yours was a year ago in a gun shop was $625.00 .

I would be interested if you do come up with a price .

5. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Hey - I sold a 29-10 new in the box with all the grips and papers last weekend at out local gun show for $650.00 -- the book on it was $1,145 - but, I could not get any more out of it. the beav

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

29-2 models have recessed chambers and pinned barrels and are worth in the $800-$1,000 range.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

generally in the $650 range although most books rate it a bit less. No premium for the 8 3/8 bbl a slight premium for Nickel. This one sold by Cabelas for $900 in unfired condition...

unfired 29

8. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

i seen 1 for $75.00

9. BigM-Perazzi

rrrrrriiiggghht....

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Yeah, but "Taxi Driver" was just a movie.

11. BigM-Perazzi

try the above forum..

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wonder what my two-tone 6-1/2" 29-2 is worth? (Nickel frame, blued cylinder and barrel, and a factory letter confirms it was made this way.)

13. showdawg

showdawg TS Member

I will post pic over the weekend, & post for sale.

Thanks

Showdawg

14. claybrdr

Here's the real world.

15. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Gun Broker is not the real world. If your looking to pay more than somethings really worth then Gun Broker is the real world. A great place for prople with no brains and a lot of money. No offense to you claybrdr but I just think that site is a great place to sell and a horrible place to buy. Josh

16. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

a lot of stuff is never "sold" on gun broker has always been the rumor- just bid up by friends and if no real bid emerges- it just reappears again for sale under some other presons name- dont know if that is true or not

Regardless- this is a nice gun- not sure of the value but I like them

regards from Iowa

Gene

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

There are some excellent deals on GB.Com and some really overinflated prices.. You need to know what something is worth before you plunge in the deep water..

18. claybrdr

I bought 2 guns this week, one from this board and one that was on Gunbroker. I'd rather take the overall flavor of Gunbroker as a guide of values than several posts on a board like this from people that are obviously hoping to get a "deal".

19. jdlovejoy4

jdlovejoy4 Active Member

Sure I'd love to get a deal like anyone else, thats why I let the seller make the price. Just like anyoneone else it's only worth what someone is willing to pay. I personally have had great luck on this site and I'd trust you guys here @ t.S. com over a no face on Gun Broker. Either way I hope this guy sells his gun and both parties are happy. The flavor of gun Brokers prices taste like MSG, just not the real thing.

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Guns are like cars. If you keep the used prices up, you can raise the price of a new one up as well.

Guns are like cars. only when they are of a rare model do they collect more dollars.

Guns are like cars. Collectors will aways pay higher prices then whats normal.

A good deal is when you make a purchase and can walk away with a smile on your face!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.