1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W mod 19 AGAIN

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EE, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Why didn't you put this post in the original thread? What was the purpose of creating another one?

EE

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Just contact the local Coppers/Sheriff and ask about the gun. Should it come back hot, you have no reason to be feeling poorly for helping out returning it to the rightful owner......Bob Dodd

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think the prices that were suggested to you in the other thread are in the ballpark. My Blue Book of Gun Values, which is several years old, suggests $345 for a gun in like-new condition but I feel the book is a little low on some pieces. For example, nice Remington 870 Competitions frequently change hands for more than the $550 that even the current book suggests. I personally have bought two very nice ones in the past couple of months - one for $600 and the other for $700, not including shipping.

This isn't an apples-to-apples comparison, but I recently purchased a Model 64, the stainless version of the Model 10 .38 Special, in good cosmetic and excellent mechanical condition for $315 including shipping.

Ed

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    If you're really worried about the gun being stolen, transfer it via an FFL dealer. But most sellers in a face-to-face situation won't want to bother with that hassle.

5. EE

EE Banned User Banned

Cactus, that still doesn't answer the question. Why did you start another thread to ask another question about the same gun?

Ed, prices on used Smiths have risen a good bit in the past couple years.

EE

6. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

actually someone has started a voluntary, free database at the address hotgunz.com. They are a donation supported site, I try to spread the word.
    mike T.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Good grief, lay off the faux pas by noobies.

8. EE

EE Banned User Banned

OK Cactus. Thanks. That's what I suspected, but I just had to believe there was something more to it than that.

EE

9. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

never mind, who cares.

10. Mapper

Mapper Member

Of course, each succesive dash number means some change. Pinned vs unpinned bbls. is one, as is recessed cylinder. I think an advanced S&W collector is what you need. I have my dad's old carry gun. It is a 19 no dash, with all the goodies. I would not sell it, or one like it for $400.

11. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Get a signed receipt from the seller to cover yourself.

12. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is no National Serial Number data base. I would follow the recommendation by doing the sale through a FFL then you have a recorde of when, where and who.

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.