1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W MANUFACTURING CHANGES

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gdbabin, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I ordered 2 1911s in Dec09 (DK&MP) through the military sales program. I've yet to receive either. In following-up I've learned my pistols will not deliver until August or so.

The reason stated by David Holt, their Military Sales VP is that the company is in the midst of changing their manufacturing process to include programming new milling machines and converting to SS exclusively on components previously constructed from carbon steel. He says the changes are to increase reliability among other things.

I've searched the web for any data on this but can't find any.

Two issues:

1. Has anyone else experienced the extreme delay in delivery through the Military Sales program?

2. Does anyone know more of the manufacturing changes and the likely impact? This concerns me as the guns delivered after the changes will not be the same as the ones on the street now and will not have an established track record for performance and reliability, not to mention they will be virtual prototypes.

Guy Babin

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.