1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

S&W M&P Shield Safety Alert

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by glenns, Oct 7, 2013.

1. glenns

glenns Member

https://secure05.lwcdirect.com/front/frontQuestionnaire.jsp?linkparam=y&uID=0&p=mpshieldsafetyalert.com&loginType=skipWelcome&clientID=742&campaignID=63

ALL M&P Shield™ firearms manufactured before August 19, 2013.

DESCRIPTION OF THE HAZARD:

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition where the trigger bar pin could damage the lower trigger in certain M&P Shields in a way that may affect the functionality of the drop safety feature of the firearm, potentially allowing the pistol to discharge if it is dropped.

Any unintended discharge of a firearm has the potential to cause injury, and we ask that you STOP USING YOUR PISTOL IMMEDIATELY UNTIL IT HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND, IF THE CONDITION IS FOUND, REPAIRED.
  2. redhawk

redhawk Member

Good Luck in getting any co-operation from Smith on this one(as told to me by an extremely frustrated employee putting up with P.O.ed customers calling).Not that they won't repair it,but they have not had a functioning computer system since the shutdown in August.I have been waiting for a shipping label(I have called at least four times)for over 2 months,and an order on mag springs since before the shutdown.So be prepared to be very patient,and don't beat up on the workers.
  3. glenns

glenns Member

I tested mine based on the info on the website. Seems GTG.
  4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Active Member

Go to the site, look at it, and check your gun. If a repair is needed, it will be obvious.

I have checked over 2 dozen, have seen one that failed the trigger safety test.

If everybody sends in their gun, the system will be overloaded and it will take FOREVER to get your gun back.
  5. glenns

glenns Member