1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W information PLEASE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TALLEND, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

I have a S&W .357 that was"hand made by Smith"(THE OWNERS QUOTE)--it doenst have a mdl.#,only a 4 digit REG.#----it is for sale,any S&W collectors??---I dont have a clue as to what they are bringing--

Thanks in advance for any information---------P.S--he wants to sell it,but he is not senile:>)---------------------------tnx,tallend

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

First,TNX----------

More information----The revolver was a gift to the gentleman(while on leave-WW11),from his father.

Barrel is aprox.4 1/2"-blue is 90%--alas,the original grips are gone(lost)and have been replaced with pachmyers..

The owner is 90+,and is going into assisted living -his mind is sharp,but the body is weak....

He needs the money-----------he needs to sell it--

We are in central In.---------------sales to FFL,or Ind.carry permit...

Thanks again----tallend

3. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

tallend,

Your buddy has a Registered Magnum....the first Smith chambered for .357 Mag. Later it became the Model 27. The Reg. Mags. are VERY desirable collector items and can be quite valuable in some cases. Please do the research for him before it is sold.

I highly recommend lettering this revolver through S&W. Their historian is Roy Jinks and you really should have him research this gun. See the website above for lots of info on Registered Magnums.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.....Dave

5. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I would be interested in the Smith & Wesson. Do you have a price in mind? Could you E-mail me any pics? I will mention that Dave Carrol usually deals in higher condition pistols, henceforth the price shown above. Thank you, Rodbuster.

6. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Your e-mail links don't work. What is his price?

Doyal Duncan

7. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Sirs,Thanks for the information-----------I will not quote a price untill I get some more information on the Smith---- If anyone wants to make an offer,I will pass the information to the owner. tallend12@aol.com

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Holy cow, have prices gone up that much on Registered Magnums????<br>
    <br>
    I have a nice blued 6-1/2" made in 1936 (2nd year of production) with the then new Magna grips and a Kings Patent white outline U-notch rear sight and a Kings Patent Patridge front sight with red bead. It would probably be somewhere between 90% and 95%.<br>
    <br>
    I've carried it for hunting in nice weather, have used it for small game, sometimes for tactical shoots, and sometimes for CCW.

9. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

Brian:
    I would put that thing away and use a less valuable piece for your handgun work. Would hate to get an accidental ding on it.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

10. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

Brian...I think I'd limit your Registered to careful range shooting and stop carrying it. It is definitely too valuable to holster.....get a 27 shooter for your field work.....although even a nice 27 will set you back a fair piece of change these days!

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

11. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

How about some pics of that S&W for your fellow trapshooters Brian? Thank you, Rodbuster.

12. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Not Brians thread

Pictures to follow

13. 5screw

5screw TS Member

Where abouts in Central Indiana? I'm in Northeast around Ft. Wayne. I collect S&W and know Reg. Mags. Drop the X's and email me please.

Bob

14. elinvar

elinvar Member

Also interested in the Smith- if not already spoken for send me an E-mail-
    Terry Jones SWCA # 2001

15. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

16. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Thank you for the pics. Have you figured out a price yet? Thank you, Rodbuster.

17. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

The gentleman also has a K-22(PRE-MARK)just a number 2 over a 4 digit SN.23XX--a S&W mdl 41,5" barrel,custom grips-----and a S&W Mdl 14 SA 6" custom target grips= make offers? all are VG plus

thanks for all of your interest---------------------------------------tallend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.