Trapshooters Forum banner

S&W Elite Gold SxS Are double triggers available?

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  markostrunk 
#1 ·
Any thoughts or experience with them?

thanks!

#4 ·
The S&W gold and silver shotguns were not made by Huglu but were made in Turkey. Smith quit marketing them several years ago, but some double-trigger models were available. The Gold Elite was only available in 20ga., and the Silver Elite (O/U) was only made in 12ga.

Cabela's now sells the same gun under the name Dickenson and they're listed on the Cabela's Gun Library page. Single-trigger and double-trigger models are available, but Cabela's went one step further in that you can now get the SxS model in 12ga., 16ga., and 20ga., all with screw-in chokes, whereas the S&W side by sides were only available in 20ga. and were all fixed-choke guns. The down side is that only the English stocks are available on the new guns. They sell for about $1,600.00

#6 ·
The S&W Elite Gold 20 ga SxS came in single and double trigger models, 26" or 28" barrels and English or rounded pistol grip stocks. The guns were made by AKUS in Turkey. S&W stopped importing them a few years ago.

But, three companies are now bringing in the AKUS guns. They include the rounded action trigger plate SxS that was the Elite Gold. They also include the H&H pattern sidelock SxS which Kimber sold as the Valaier and the sidelock O/U they sold as the Marias.

The AKUS importing companies today are SKB, Webley & Scott and Dickinson. Currently Dickinson markets through Cabela's, but they are expanding. AKUS is represented in Europe by Commando.

I own an S&W Elite Gold 28" English DT gun and have shot many of them. The DT Elite Golds generally had very nice triggerpulls. The ST models initially came with very heavy pulls, but that was sorted out as production ramped up. My S&W and those of my friends have proven to be extremely reliable to date.

It will be very interesting to see what these three companies do with essentially the same lineups. I know that there is a rounded action trigger plate SxS 28 gauge with a sized receiver in the near future and a 410 is being talked about. These are great guns and far higher quality than Huglus. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.