1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W 68 in a 357?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I ran across a pistol that is not listed in my Blue Book. It is a 357 and the book only lists 38's in the model 68. Anyone have any insight into this. I was offered the gun at what I would think would be a fair price but know that it looks just like a stainless 686. Any ideas on gun and value. Jackie B

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Gunbroker has one for $800.00,,,now Jack here's my story,,In 1990 I had an FFL before Klinton put us out of business,anyhow I ordered a Mod.68 in .38 spec. for a security guard here in Missouri, they could not carry a .357,,when the gun arrived from Buckeye Sports the box said .38 Spec. blah blah blah,,took the gun out of the box and the barrel was stamped .357,,I had to order him another one,,long story short I called the factory and was informed it was a factory screw up,,was asked to send it back. I STILL HAVE IT !!!

3. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I went back and checked and it is indeed a model 68 and barrel is stamped 357. I can purchase it for around $350.00 which is what the 686 in the blue book in new condition list it for. I've always liked the feel of the 686's so will keep this one. LOL Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

s & w 68-2