1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W 586....SOLD

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by bridgetoofar, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

6" Smith 586 set up as a plate gun with a new Ultra Dot. Mint condition w/soft case, $775 shipped.
    bridgetoofar_2008_03033.jpg

bridgetoofar_2008_03036.jpg

2. mikey357

mikey357 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

What "Dash Number" 586 is it? Approx Round Count? Round Butt or Square Butt Frame? TIA....Mike S.

3. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

It's a number 3. I don't know the round count, as I've not shot it. It's been in my safe for a few years. When I bought it, it was scoped, so I assume it was used ince or twice for hunting, thus not shot much at all. I put the Ultra Dot on it. Square butt.

4. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Do you have the original rear sight and stocks? To a collector, the correct sight is worth more than that dot sight and you can buy three of those Hogue Monogrips for the replacement cost of the original checkered target stocks - four if they have attractive wood figure.

Ed

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

I'll offer $550.00 and you can keep the red dot scope.

7. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

What you see is what you get. I have figured S&W grips for an extra $50. I don't have the rear sight, but I hardly think that the S&W sight is worth the same as a near $300 Ultra Dot. I'll not argue collector value, nor will I be low-balled. Thanks for looking.

8. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

That's fine but you ought to troll eBay and GunBroker to get a real-time idea of what those two items - and the gun itself - really are worth. I just bought a pair of checkered target stocks with killer figure that "bookends" perfectly for $125 plus shipping and I stopped bidding at $150 on another set a year ago that eventually sold for $207! The least I've paid for a set with any kind of figure was $56.25 and they had some damage.

A genuine S&W adjustable rear sight can bring between $65 and $125, depending upon which frame it fits, if it has a white-outline blade and what height blade is in it. One sight doesn't fit all frames, there are two screw-hole locations for K-frame square-tang sights, blades came black or w/o and every frame and barrel length has a specific blade height.

No offense but Skybuster's offer is $50 or $75 more than mine would have been. Nice 586s with the factory sight and aftermarket stocks can be bought for under $500 all day long, especially with the most common 6" barrel length. A like-new (read: without such a visible cylinder turn line) all-original 586 with a 6" barrel will not cost you more than $625, and that's being generous. In fact, that's entering the range of a nice stainless steel 686.

Many S&W revolvers from that era can bring strong money. I'm sorry, but that isn't one of them.

Ed

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

0   0   0

The downside of advertising guns for sale on this site happens to be that someone always seems to give opinions on prices when they never intend to be a buyer. Those people don't really know what they are talking about and only muddy up the water for the seller. It's about the lowest and most rude type of post you can make IMO. So, if you don't like the advertised deal, you should keep your mouth shut and refrain from doing harm to the seller. I've seen this done with some pricey guns and some not so pricey like this one. I guess some folks just can't help acting like assholes.

BTW, this gun was SOLD today for the asking price. So much for expert opinions, eh?

10. powertrader

powertrader TS Member

0   0   0

i agree ,,,, experts everywhere on this site,,,, never seen so many without ANY social skills.

11. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey, there's an unknowing buyer born every minute. I'm glad it worked out for you. Sales like that just help the value of S&W collectors' inventory.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

smith 586