1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S&W 586 L-Comp...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Loyac, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

586 PC L-Comp... Thinking of getting one of these and loading it with +P's to be used as a home security weapon. Any first hand experiences out there? Thanks to all! John

2. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

That looks like one of the newer Smith's with the lock. Some people have mixed opinions about them. Have you looked at an older model 66 (stainless), or a 686 for ease of maintenance? I also think the older Smith's will appreciate at a better rate in the future. I really don't think you can go wrong with an older Smith & Wesson. Good luck with your purchase.

3. Loyac

Loyac Member

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

I echo rodbusters comments....i'd go pre-lock as well. 586,686,66, etc. So many Smiths to choose from.....mighty fine revolvers :)

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Looks nice but the stubby grip is way too small for my hand,...I wouldn't be able to hang onto it with full-house magnums

6. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'd say CCW1911 has it right. It's a nice looking revolver but I would never want a comp on any defense weapon. The muzzle flash is bad enough but add the comp to it and you had better hope your first bullet does the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

586 l-comp for sale

s&w 586 comp l for sale

s&w 586 l comp

s&w model 586 l-comp for sale