1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

S & W 380 Bodyguard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by puablo, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Just got a new compact carry gun- the new S&W Bodyguard...the laser sight got to me- really nice. The laser is built right into the frame. No bulk and just the right size for a small piece.

2. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

I loved mine until it broke. The trigger return spring was busted. Sw fixed it but I couldn't trust it. Traded it off.
    Jimmy

3. superump

superump TS Member

Sounds interesting where can you get the best price on this gun?

4. Jimmyc

Jimmyc TS Member

Ive seen good prices at most large gun stores. Street price is about $450. They really are nice guns and sw took care of the problem and did it fast.
    Jimmy

5. tab

tab Member

I have put almost 200 rounds through the one I have, good shooter for a 380. It's fun to shoot but I depend on a 45.

6. WGB

WGB Member

A S&W J frame revolver or several other small autos (Beretta, Walther, Sig) would be a more dependable "back-up" sized weapon.

7. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

the gun in mention, with the laser retails for about $575.00

8. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

I thought the $399 price on the S&W web site was wrong, but there are a bunch of them on Gunbroker for less.

The lowest "buy it now" price there is $365. Several listings have the MSRP as $575.

109380_01_lg.jpg

S&W Bodyguard 380

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

my mistake...don't see how they can sell it that low. That's a super price. The retail is around $575.00 as far as I know. For them to sell it that low that's super.

10. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

The NRA magazine did a review on it. They never say much bad stuff about anything, but accuracy, even at very short range, was akin to a shotgun blast.

If you want 100% reliability, get a Glock 26 (yea, not a 380, but 9mm is almost the same)

If you want new and snazzy, get the Sig 250. Looks real good. At $360, best deal out there.

11. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

My local distributor told me S&W just reduced the prices - for Police and Fire affiliates, its down to $319 but you must qualify. Local retail prices are down to $379. Just wonder if S&W is dumping them or getting rid of inventory or what. I ordered two - couldn't pass it up.

Eric

12. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'd rather have a Kel-Tec 9MM single stack or even the P3AT if it MUST be a .380. Colt made a pony in 380 and a 9mm some years ago. I won't part with them or use them, just for the potential collector value. My Kel-Tecs get a LOT of use and keep coming back for more. I just prefer a 9mm or better for serious social work. A Sig or a Glock would do nicely as well. I'm not in real favor of a laser sight. You can always add one to some firearms, but I like a good set of regular sights, maybe night sights, depending on the siruation. A good flashlight would probably do better for me than a laser.

My preference is a bigger bore. Minimum of .40 or 10mm. .45 works fine and makes a big hole in and a big one out. My P220 has seen a lot of carry use and it's used for practice on a regular basis. I have a bunch of Glocks as well, but I am well practiced and very used to the Sigs, so either would do fine for me.

13. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

I'm not much of a handgun guy, but I decided to get a handgun for my Wife for Christmas to carry in her purse.

I consulted with my father-in-law who is a competition pistol shooter on what was the best handgun for self protection; his recommendation is if you want to be confident that it will fire when you pull the trigger get a revolver and his recommendation was a S&W 637 with a 2" barrel.

I'm sure my Wife will love it, it's light weight and just feels like an old coon dog that will never let you down.

I like it so much I bought one for myself and with a thin sleeve it fits great in my pants pocket.

You can also get it with a laser sight, but I figure if we have to pull it, it's unlikely we're going to miss with all 5 shots.

Blueraven

[​IMG]

14. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I like mine, but feel now that I got burned with S & W dropping the price a whole bunch. My dealer/store must have paid the higher price...I don't blame him.

15. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

They've had a special running for dealers...we sold a couple at 379 but can't seem to get more.

The first one we sold had a tendency to disassemble but Smith fixed it...at least it hasn't come back a second time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.